Millisecond Forums

Uploading additional graphics/words associated with batches for a study

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic17778.aspx

By gloveradr - 11/22/2015

Hi All,

I am attempting to run two IAT's for a study that I am conducting. Below is what I have so far in terms of creating the scripts that I want to run:

<batch>
/ file = RaceIAT_2015.iqx
/ file = GenderCareerIAT_2015
</batch>

I know that I need to download the additional words and graphics that are associated with these measures and then upload them when I create the study on inquisit; however, I am not exactly sure as to how to go about this so that it's done properly. Could someone please point me in the right direction in regard to how I can locate, download to my computer, and then upload the additional files to the Inquisit wizard? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
By Dave - 11/22/2015

#1: Your <batch> syntax is wrong. You are missing quotes and parts of the file names. It needs to read

<batch>
/ file = "RaceIAT_2015.iqx"
/ file = "GenderCareerIAT_2015.iqx"
</batch>

provided that the files you want it to run are indeed called RaceIAT_2015.iqx and GenderCareerIAT_2015.iqx respectively.

#2:
> I know that I need to download the additional words and graphics that are associated with these measures and then upload
> them when I create the study on inquisit; however, I am not exactly sure as to how to go about this so that it's done properly

If you are working with scripts available via the test library at millisecond.com, go to the respective script's page in the library and click the "Download" button next to it. Download and store the file to your computer. Open the downloaded file in Inquisit Lab and make any adjustments to it that you need. Once you have your scripts like you want them, deploy them as a web experiment. Go to https://www.millisecond.com/myaccount/webscripts.aspx in your account and click the "Register New Script" button. Upload the file containing the <batch> element in the 1st step. In the 2nd step, upload the *actual* scripts (the two IATs) and all the external files they require (image files, etc.). Complete the remaining configuration steps to finalize setting up your web experiment.