Millisecond Forums

Radiobutton - Multiple Selection

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic20696.aspx

By smile_its_zoe - 2/12/2017

Hi 

Just getting to grips with Inquisit 5... I'm creating a simple survey with radio buttons but on one of my questions i would like the user to be able to select multiple answers, can this be done with radio buttons and how?

Many Thanks

Zoe

<radiobuttons Absence>
/ caption = "How many periods of absence have you taken from work in the last 12 months?"
/ options = ("None", "1 - 2", "3 - 4", "5 +")
</radiobuttons>

<radiobuttons Absence2>
/ caption = "How many of these periods of absence were taken due to unexpected illness rather than on-going health issues?"
</radiobuttons>

<radiobuttons Symptoms>
/ caption = "Of the periods taken off due to unexpected illness did you experiance any of the following symptoms?"
/ options = ("Nausea", "Headache/Migrane", "Poor Concentration", "Aches & Pains", "Fatigue", "Shortness of Breath",
"Throat Irritation", "Eye Irritation", "Nose Irritation", "Skin Irritation", "None of the above",)
/ required = true
</radiobuttons>

PAGE HEADING AND PAGE CONTENT

<surveypage demographics1>
/ caption = "Please answer the following questions:"
/ fontstyle = ("Calibri", -20, true, false, false, false, 5, 0)
/ questions = [1=Absence; 2=Absence2; 3=Symptoms]
</surveypage>

<survey demographics>
/ pages = [1=demographics1; ]
/ responsefontstyle = ("Calibri", -18, false, true, false, false, 5, 0)
/ itemfontstyle = ("Calibri", -22, false, false, false, false, 5, 0)
/ itemspacing = 6%
/ showpagenumbers = false
</survey>
By Blackadder - 2/12/2017

smile_its_zoe - Sunday, February 12, 2017
Hi 

Just getting to grips with Inquisit 5... I'm creating a simple survey with radio buttons but on one of my questions i would like the user to be able to select multiple answers, can this be done with radio buttons and how?

Many Thanks

Zoe

<radiobuttons Absence>
/ caption = "How many periods of absence have you taken from work in the last 12 months?"
</radiobuttons>

<radiobuttons Absence2>
/ caption = "How many of these periods of absence were taken due to unexpected illness rather than on-going health issues?"
</radiobuttons>

<radiobuttons Symptoms>
/ caption = "Of the periods taken off due to unexpected illness did you experiance any of the following symptoms?"
/ options = ("Nausea", "Headache/Migrane", "Poor Concentration", "Aches & Pains", "Fatigue", "Shortness of Breath",
"Throat Irritation", "Eye Irritation", "Nose Irritation", "Skin Irritation", "None of the above",)
/ required = true
</radiobuttons>

You need to use the <checkboxes> element. The usage and syntax is almost identical to radiobuttons, only that the user can select multiple items.

Bye, Malte
By smile_its_zoe - 2/14/2017

Blackadder - Sunday, February 12, 2017
smile_its_zoe - Sunday, February 12, 2017
Hi 

Many Thanks

Zoe

<radiobuttons Absence>
</radiobuttons>

<radiobuttons Absence2>
</radiobuttons>

<radiobuttons Symptoms>
/ required = true
</radiobuttons>

You need to use the <checkboxes> element. The usage and syntax is almost identical to radiobuttons, only that the user can select multiple items.

Bye, Malte

Thank you...i should have finished the tutorials clearly!