Millisecond Forums

Color Multi Source Interference Task (cMSIT) - random order

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic20868.aspx

By JacintaS - 2/23/2017

Hi,

I downloaded the script for Color Multi Source Interference Task (cMSIT) - random order. I think there may be a problem with the script as the order is fixed! How do I randomise the order of the 150 trials keeping 6 control, 48 color congruent and 96 color incongruent?

Thanks
By Dave - 2/24/2017

JacintaS - Thursday, February 23, 2017
Hi,

I downloaded the script for Color Multi Source Interference Task (cMSIT) - random order. I think there may be a problem with the script as the order is fixed! How do I randomise the order of the 150 trials keeping 6 control, 48 color congruent and 96 color incongruent?

Thanks

The file

https://www.millisecond.com/download/library/v4/msit/msit_color/msit_color_random.iqzip

contains a total of four scripts:

- msit_color_fixed.iqx
- msit_color_random.iqx
- msit_coloranswer_fixed.iqx
- msit_coloranswer_random.iqx

Once you've extracted the *.iqzip, you'll want to navigate its folder and open/run the script you are interested in, i.e. msit_color_random.iqx.
By JacintaS - 2/25/2017

Thank you for your help!!
By JacintaS - 6/11/2017

JacintaS - Saturday, February 25, 2017
Thank you for your help!!

Can I please have clarification as to why there are 6 control trials, 48 colour congruent and 96 colour incongruent trials and why they are not in an equal number like mentioned in previous articles. 

Secondly, the script mentions colour congruency/incongruency but does not mention font size or position 

Clarification would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
By JacintaS - 6/12/2017

Upon further inspection I found in the 150 trials there were:
8 control
67 congruent
75 congruent

I do not understand why it is grouped like this or how to change this in the script

Thanks in advance for your help!!
By Dave - 6/12/2017

JacintaS - Monday, June 12, 2017
Upon further inspection I found in the 150 trials there were:
8 control
67 congruent
75 congruent

I do not understand why it is grouped like this or how to change this in the script

Thanks in advance for your help!!

<block MSIT_Color>
/ trials = [1-150 = noreplace(congruent1, congruent2, congruent3, incongruent1, incongruent2, incongruent3)]
/errormessage = (incorrect, 500)
/correctmessage = (right, 500)
</block>

samples trials in equal proportions, i.e. there will be
25 congruent1 trials
25 congruent2 trials
25 congruent3 trials
25 incongruent1 trials
25 incongruent2 trials
25 incongruent3 trials

for a total of 150. If you wish to have different amounts of trials, change the proportions in the noreplace() selection pool accordingly.