Millisecond Forums

Branching between scripts

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic2095.aspx

By JHP - 10/11/2008

For a learning experiment I would like to branch between scripts in the following way:

1.Run script0.exe

2. If <%block.recall.percentcorrect%> (feedback from script0.exe) is smaller than 30 % then run script1.exe,
if <%block.recall.percentcorrect%>  is between 31 % and 70 % then run script2.exe,
if <%block.recall.percentcorrect%>  is larger than 71 % then run script3.exe.

Is there a way to do this? To use a batch file won't work, will it? I guess there are opportunities to branch within scripts, but I've got ready-to-use scripts that I need for several purposes and would not like to go back and rewrite everything.

Thanks a lot
Jan

By Dave - 10/12/2008

Hi Jan,

I don't think that this can be done. You'll most likely have to bite the apple and merge your scripts to achieve the desired result. There's even a help topic on how to "Combine Multiple Scripts" in the Inquisit 3 help file (or online right here). The necessary steps outlined also apply to Inquisit 2.

Hope this helps,
~Dave
By jmwotw - 2/6/2012

Hi Dave.  I don't suppose this feature has been added since this post?  We'd like to collect demographic information taken in an initial demographic experiment (e.g., age), and then subsequently use it in subsequent experiments.

Thanks,

Jeff

By Dave - 2/6/2012

Correct. Branching between is not possible and neither is passing information between scripts.

Regards,

~Dave