Millisecond Forums

Merging separate data files

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic21093.aspx

By darbyh - 3/14/2017

Hi Dave and everyone else,

I'm running a study that has multiple surveys, which means that I'm getting about 8 data files per subject. I understand that Inquisit is always going to separate survey data files, but is there a way to merge them afterwards? I read through the Inquisit 4 documentation section of How to Combine Multiple Data Files into a Single File, but that looks like it primarily deals with issues of separate subject files, not separate survey files. I have also read that you can use <survey> or <block> to get them into one file, but I have multiple surveys because there is conditional branching at the survey level in my study. Maybe there's no way to work around all of these separate files, but I would love to know if there is a way! 

Thank you so much!

Best, 
Darby

By Dave - 3/15/2017

darbyh - Tuesday, March 14, 2017

I'm running a study that has multiple surveys, which means that I'm getting about 8 data files per subject. I understand that Inquisit is always going to separate survey data files, but is there a way to merge them afterwards? I read through the Inquisit 4 documentation section of How to Combine Multiple Data Files into a Single File, but that looks like it primarily deals with issues of separate subject files, not separate survey files. I have also read that you can use <survey> or <block> to get them into one file, but I have multiple surveys because there is conditional branching at the survey level in my study. Maybe there's no way to work around all of these separate files, but I would love to know if there is a way! 

Thank you so much!

Best, 
Darby

You would merge them using your preferred statistical analysis application.
By Anna Baumert - 3/19/2017

Dave - Wednesday, March 15, 2017
darbyh - Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Thank you so much!

Best, 
Darby

You would merge them using your preferred statistical analysis application.

I have a question that possibly is related to this. Is it possible to send out personalized links with the inquisit web license? thanks ahead for the information. best, anna