Millisecond Forums

center text

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic21162.aspx

By tecnika - 3/22/2017

Hello Dave,

I am not able to center the text...I have tried with the halign function but the text stay aligned on the left.
Any suggestion?

Many thanks,

Elena
By Dave - 3/23/2017

ebroggin - Thursday, March 23, 2017
Hello Dave,

I am not able to center the text...I have tried with the halign function but the text stay aligned on the left.
Any suggestion?

Many thanks,

Elena

Not sure what you mean. Which text?
By Dave - 3/23/2017

Dave - Thursday, March 23, 2017
Hello Dave,

Any suggestion?

Many thanks,

Elena

To be clear, to center a text item within a specific bounding rectangle, you generally need to specify the <text> element's /size attribute, which is what defines the bounding rectangle. The attributes that determine how the text item is justified within that rectangle are /hjustify and /vjustify as in

<text practice1>
/ items = practice1
/ hjustify = center
/ vjustify = center
/ size = (50%, 50%)
</text>
By tecnika - 3/23/2017

Hello Dave,

Any suggestion?

Many thanks,

Elena

To be clear, to center a text item within a specific bounding rectangle, you generally need to specify the <text> element's /size attribute, which is what defines the bounding rectangle. The attributes that determine how the text item is justified within that rectangle are /hjustify and /vjustify as in

<text practice1>
/ items = practice1
/ hjustify = center
/ vjustify = center
/ size = (50%, 50%)
</text>

Thanks