Millisecond Forums

Running script on secondary monitor

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic21991.aspx

By kschertz - 6/28/2017

I am wondering if there is a way to run an Inquisit 4 script on my secondary monitor. I see the </monitor> attribute for individual stimuli but I don't seem to be able to set it as a global attribute. I have two Windows 7 display monitors set up in "extend" mode. I can currently run the script if I put the monitors in "mirror" mode, but if in "extend" it always opens on the primary monitorI would just like to be able to click/launch the script from the primary monitor where the experimenter sits and have it display on the secondary monitor where the participant is sitting. Thanks.
By Dave - 6/28/2017

kschertz - Wednesday, June 28, 2017
I am wondering if there is a way to run an Inquisit 4 script on my secondary monitor. I see the </monitor> attribute for individual stimuli but I don't seem to be able to set it as a global attribute. I have two Windows 7 display monitors set up in "extend" mode. I can currently run the script if I put the monitors in "mirror" mode, but if in "extend" it always opens on the primary monitorI would just like to be able to click/launch the script from the primary monitor where the experimenter sits and have it display on the secondary monitor where the participant is sitting. Thanks.

The /monitor attribute isn't a global setting, i.e. you would have to specify it in every stimulus element to have all stimuli be displayed on the secondary monitor. Also, please note that the /monitor attribute was only added with Inquisit 5, i.e. it will not work under Inquisit 4 (you posted in the Inquisit 4 forum). Otherwise putting the displays in "mirror" mode per the operating system's display settings would be the way to go.
By kschertz - 6/28/2017

Dave - Wednesday, June 28, 2017
kschertz - Wednesday, June 28, 2017

The /monitor attribute isn't a global setting, i.e. you would have to specify it in every stimulus element to have all stimuli be displayed on the secondary monitor. Also, please note that the /monitor attribute was only added with Inquisit 5, i.e. it will not work under Inquisit 4 (you posted in the Inquisit 4 forum). Otherwise putting the displays in "mirror" mode per the operating system's display settings would be the way to go.

Ok, thanks. I didn't want to use "mirror" because of the other scripts I'm running (in EPrime) work better in extend and then the participant only sees a clean screen, but "mirror" seems unavoidable. I am using Inquisit 4.