Millisecond Forums

Likert sequence won't stop running through

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic22252.aspx

By becgwin - 8/8/2017

Hi,

I am running the S-UPPS as a series of likerts as I want to present each item individually.  As the questions need to appear in sequence I have coded the block as follows:

<block SUPPS>
/ trials = [1-20 = sequence(end, careful, mood, unfinished, stop, feelbad, hatestop, cantstop, risks, losecontrol, finish, sensible, upset, exciting, rejected, fly, shocked, skiing, carefully, withoutthinking)]
</block>

<expt>
/ preinstructions = (introSUPPS)
/ blocks = [1=SUPPS]
</expt>

However, after running through all the items in sequence, rather than ending, the script starts running over (and over...) .  Can you tell me how to stop this from happening?

Thanks,

Rebecca
By Dave - 8/8/2017

becgwin - Tuesday, August 8, 2017
Hi,

I am running the S-UPPS as a series of likerts as I want to present each item individually.  As the questions need to appear in sequence I have coded the block as follows:

<block SUPPS>
/ trials = [1-20 = sequence(end, careful, mood, unfinished, stop, feelbad, hatestop, cantstop, risks, losecontrol, finish, sensible, upset, exciting, rejected, fly, shocked, skiing, carefully, withoutthinking)]
</block>

<expt>
/ blocks = [1=SUPPS]
</expt>

However, after running through all the items in sequence, rather than ending, the script starts running over (and over...) .  Can you tell me how to stop this from happening?

Thanks,

Rebecca

Sure, the issue is this:

means "run the entire specified sequence 20 times". You actually want the sequence to be run only once, i.e. the /trials attribute should read:

/ trials = [1 = sequence(end, careful, mood, unfinished, stop, feelbad, hatestop, cantstop, risks, losecontrol, finish, sensible, upset, exciting, rejected, fly, shocked, skiing, carefully, withoutthinking)]

Hope this helps!
By becgwin - 8/8/2017

Dave - Tuesday, August 8, 2017
becgwin - Tuesday, August 8, 2017
Hi,

<block SUPPS>
</block>

<expt>
/ blocks = [1=SUPPS]
</expt>

Thanks,

Rebecca

Sure, the issue is this:

means "run the entire specified sequence 20 times". You actually want the sequence to be run only once, i.e. the /trials attribute should read:

/ trials = [1 = sequence(end, careful, mood, unfinished, stop, feelbad, hatestop, cantstop, risks, losecontrol, finish, sensible, upset, exciting, rejected, fly, shocked, skiing, carefully, withoutthinking)]

Hope this helps!

Yep solved the issue!  Many thanks