Millisecond Forums

Moving stimuli - Pacman-style study

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic22581.aspx

By Psych_Josh - 9/26/2017

Dear Inquisit forum,

I have a query regarding the new animated stimuli feature within Inquisit 5. I have attached a script I wrote for Inquisit 4, incorporating vposition and hposition of stimuli to give the illusion of moving. However, I would much like to try this using a more elegant method, if possible, for Inquisit 5, and equally I am unable to find documentation that explains how the animated stimuli works (pardon if this is readily available and I'm just being less-than vigilant).

I wish to create a pacman-style task, so I was wondering what functions in Inquisit 5 will allow this (if it is even possible, beyond already what I have written in Inquisit 4).

Many thanks in advance,
Josh
By Dave - 9/26/2017

Psych_Josh - Tuesday, September 26, 2017
Dear Inquisit forum,

I have a query regarding the new animated stimuli feature within Inquisit 5. I have attached a script I wrote for Inquisit 4, incorporating vposition and hposition of stimuli to give the illusion of moving. However, I would much like to try this using a more elegant method, if possible, for Inquisit 5, and equally I am unable to find documentation that explains how the animated stimuli works (pardon if this is readily available and I'm just being less-than vigilant).

I wish to create a pacman-style task, so I was wondering what functions in Inquisit 5 will allow this (if it is even possible, beyond already what I have written in Inquisit 4).

Many thanks in advance,
Josh

I don't think the new animation features help or would allow for more elegant or concise code in this particular case. I would essentially leave the code as-is.
By Psych_Josh - 9/26/2017

Dave - Tuesday, September 26, 2017
Psych_Josh - Tuesday, September 26, 2017
Dear Inquisit forum,

Many thanks in advance,
Josh

I don't think the new animation features help or would allow for more elegant or concise code in this particular case. I would essentially leave the code as-is.

Okay! Thanks Dave.