Millisecond Forums

surveypage branch

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic22640.aspx

By nrouhani - 10/3/2017

hello, 
i want to branch from a surveypage to a "success" or "fail" page given correct answers to three questions, but i am having difficulty branching to anything other than another surveypage (for example, i can't branch to a page or an html page). Is there any way to branch from a surveypage to any other type of element? If there's not, would it be possible to remove the "continue" button on a surveypage? 

thank you! 
By Dave - 10/3/2017

nrouhani - Tuesday, October 3, 2017
hello, 
i want to branch from a surveypage to a "success" or "fail" page given correct answers to three questions, but i am having difficulty branching to anything other than another surveypage (for example, i can't branch to a page or an html page). Is there any way to branch from a surveypage to any other type of element? If there's not, would it be possible to remove the "continue" button on a surveypage? 

thank you! 

When you run your <surveypage> via a <survey>, you can only /branch to another <surveypage>. You cannot remove the next button on that 2nd page, but you can make it invisible it by placing it off-screen:

<surveypage yourpage>
/ branch = [if (...) surveypage.successpage else surveypage.failpage]
</surveypage>

with

<surveypage successpage>
/ caption = "Success!"
/ timeout = 1000
/ showpagenumbers = false
/ showquestionnumbers = false
/ showbackbutton = false
/ nextbuttonposition = (-10%, -10%)
</surveypage>

<surveypage failpage>
/ caption = "Fail!"
/ timeout = 1000
/ showpagenumbers = false
/ showquestionnumbers = false
/ showbackbutton = false
/ nextbuttonposition = (-10%, -10%)
</surveypage>

If you are executing your surveypage(s) via a <block> ( <surveypage> is a kind of <trial>), you can also /branch to a regular <trial> element. That <trial> element can display <text>, <picture>, etc. stimuli, as well as HTML via the <html> stimulus element.

<page> and <htmlpage> elements, on the other hand, are not trials, and you cannot /branch to page or htmlpage elements. They are instruction pages, and the sole way to display them is via a <block>'s or <expt>'s /preinstructions and /postinstructions attributes.

Hope this clarifies.