Millisecond Forums

delay validresponse

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic22648.aspx

By peter - 10/8/2017

Hi all, I am trying to find a way to present images on the screen (via stimulus frames) then allow those images to remain viewable for three seconds before allowing them to be selected via the validresponse option.

Basically, how do I show an image but not allow it to be clicked on for three seconds? 
All help greatly appreciated.  
Thanks
Peter
By Dave - 10/9/2017

peter - Monday, October 9, 2017
Hi all, I am trying to find a way to present images on the screen (via stimulus frames) then allow those images to remain viewable for three seconds before allowing them to be selected via the validresponse option.

Basically, how do I show an image but not allow it to be clicked on for three seconds? 
Thanks
Peter

Two methods:

If you want to measure latency starting from the beginning of the trial use /isvalidresponse:

<trial example>
/ stimulusframes = [1=stimulus; ...]
/ validresponse = (stimulus)
/ isvalidresponse = [trial.example.latency>=3000]
</trial>

If you want to start measuring latency only after 3000ms have elapsed, use /beginresponsetime:

<trial example>
/ beginresponsetime = 3000
</trial>
By peter - 10/10/2017

Dave - Monday, October 9, 2017
peter - Monday, October 9, 2017

Thanks
Peter

Two methods:

If you want to measure latency starting from the beginning of the trial use /isvalidresponse:

<trial example>
/ isvalidresponse = [trial.example.latency>=3000]
</trial>

If you want to start measuring latency only after 3000ms have elapsed, use /beginresponsetime:

<trial example>
/ beginresponsetime = 3000
</trial>

That’s perfect,really helpful of you, thanks. Peter