Millisecond Forums

Survey page- positions for pictures and other elements

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic23060.aspx

By Loukia - 12/10/2017

Hi, 

I am trying to set up some sliders on a survey page using fixed positions (e.g., 50%, 20%) but on my screen the positions are completely off - 50% horizontally is definitely not 50%- more like 70-80% of the canvas width. Does the default space on the left where question numbers would go on a survey page affects these coordinates? If yes, do you have any guidelines for properly positioning elements on a surveypage (e.g., if I want 50% I should input 40% or something like that). 

I am trying to recreate the sliders below, which means I need to have exact positions for picture elements relative to the slider elements. 

Thanks,  
Loukia
By Dave - 12/11/2017

Loukia - Monday, December 11, 2017
Hi, 

I am trying to set up some sliders on a survey page using fixed positions (e.g., 50%, 20%) but on my screen the positions are completely off - 50% horizontally is definitely not 50%- more like 70-80% of the canvas width. Does the default space on the left where question numbers would go on a survey page affects these coordinates? If yes, do you have any guidelines for properly positioning elements on a surveypage (e.g., if I want 50% I should input 40% or something like that). 

I am trying to recreate the sliders below, which means I need to have exact positions for picture elements relative to the slider elements. 

Thanks,  
Loukia

Positions on surveypages are always relative to the _left_ border of the element being position. I.e. if you are trying to position an <image> element

<image example>
/ position = (50%, ...)
<image>

means

| ------ 50% ----->[image]
^                         ^
left                      left
margin                margin
of                       of
page                  image

I.e., you'd need to take the width of the element to be positioned into account. If the image has a width of 20% of the screen width, then it would be centered horizontally at
/position = (40%, ...).
By Loukia - 12/11/2017

Dave - Monday, December 11, 2017
Loukia - Monday, December 11, 2017
Hi, 

Thanks,  
Loukia

Positions on surveypages are always relative to the _left_ border of the element being position. I.e. if you are trying to position an <image> element

<image example>
/ position = (50%, ...)
<image>

means

| ------ 50% ----->[image]
^                         ^
left                      left
margin                margin
of                       of
page                  image

I.e., you'd need to take the width of the element to be positioned into account. If the image has a width of 20% of the screen width, then it would be centered horizontally at
/position = (40%, ...).

Thank you Dave, that's what I was looking for! :)