Millisecond Forums

Presenting vector images

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic27791.aspx

By yshin - 9/17/2019

Hello,

I was wondering if vector images (e.g., eps, pdf) can be presented as stimuli. I tried using "picture", but that did not work. Is there any recommended way of dealing with this?

Thank you!

By Dave - 9/17/2019

yshin - 9/17/2019
Hello,

I was wondering if vector images (e.g., eps, pdf) can be presented as stimuli. I tried using "picture", but that did not work. Is there any recommended way of dealing with this?

Thank you!

Generally no, vector formats are not supported by the <picture> element. What you can possibly do is use the <html> element to present e.g. SVG images embedded on HTML pages.
By Dave - 9/17/2019

Dave - 9/17/2019
yshin - 9/17/2019
Hello,

Thank you!

Generally no, vector formats are not supported by the <picture> element. What you can possibly do is use the <html> element to present e.g. SVG images embedded on HTML pages.

Just tried this with a simple example, and the IE engine at least (which is what Inquisit relies on under Windows to render HTML) doesn't seem to handle this well. So I suppose it's not really an option either, sorry.
By Dave - 9/17/2019

Dave - 9/17/2019
Dave - 9/17/2019
yshin - 9/17/2019
Hello,

Thank you!

Just tried this with a simple example, and the IE engine at least (which is what Inquisit relies on under Windows to render HTML) doesn't seem to handle this well. So I suppose it's not really an option either, sorry.

What actually might work, though, is this:

<html svg>
/ items = svgitems
</html>

<item svgitems>
/ 1 = "01.svg"
/ 2 = "02.svg"
</item>

<trial mytrial>
/ stimulusframes = [1=svg]
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

<block myblock>
/ trials = [1-2 = mytrial]
</block>

By yshin - 9/18/2019

Dave - 9/17/2019
Dave - 9/17/2019
Dave - 9/17/2019
yshin - 9/17/2019
Hello,

Thank you!

What actually might work, though, is this:

<html svg>
/ items = svgitems
</html>

<item svgitems>
/ 1 = "01.svg"
/ 2 = "02.svg"
</item>

<trial mytrial>
/ stimulusframes = [1=svg]
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>