Millisecond Forums

Question regarding making instructions

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic28119.aspx

By uni-student92084 - 1/10/2020

Hello,
I'm trying to interpret this IAT script and there is a line in the instructions sections that I don't understand. It is the item with <% surrounding it, I will provide the script down below: 

instruction section:
/ 2 = "Put your left finger on the 'E' response key for items that belong to the category '<%item.attributeAlabel.item(1)%>'.
Put your right finger on the 'I' response key for items that belong to the category '<%item.attributeBlabel.item(1)%>'.
~nIf you make an error, a red X will appear - to continue, press the other response key.
~nGo as fast as you can while making as few errors as possible."

/ 3 = "Press the left 'E' key for '<%item.attributeAlabel.item(1)%>' and '<%expressions.leftTarget%>'.
Press the right 'I' key for '<%item.attributeBlabel.item(1)%>' and '<%expressions.rightTarget%>'.
~nEach item belongs to only one category.

I don't understand what the purpose of items such as:  '<%item.attributeAlabel.item(1)%>' and  '<%expressions.leftTarget%>'.

I'm asking this because I'm trying to write my own instructions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

By Dave - 1/10/2020

Kksham052 - 1/10/2020
Hello,
I'm trying to interpret this IAT script and there is a line in the instructions sections that I don't understand. It is the item with <% surrounding it, I will provide the script down below: 

instruction section:
/ 2 = "Put your left finger on the 'E' response key for items that belong to the category '<%item.attributeAlabel.item(1)%>'.
Put your right finger on the 'I' response key for items that belong to the category '<%item.attributeBlabel.item(1)%>'.
~nIf you make an error, a red X will appear - to continue, press the other response key.
~nGo as fast as you can while making as few errors as possible."

/ 3 = "Press the left 'E' key for '<%item.attributeAlabel.item(1)%>' and '<%expressions.leftTarget%>'.
Press the right 'I' key for '<%item.attributeBlabel.item(1)%>' and '<%expressions.rightTarget%>'.
~nEach item belongs to only one category.

I don't understand what the purpose of items such as:  '<%item.attributeAlabel.item(1)%>' and  '<%expressions.leftTarget%>'.

I'm asking this because I'm trying to write my own instructions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

<% %> dynamically inserts the value of the referenced property into the instructions. I.e.

<%item.attributeAlabel.item(1)%> inserts the first item listed in the script's <item attributeAlabel> element into the instructions text.

<item attributeAlabel>
/1 = "Good"
</item>

In the same vein, <%expressions.leftTarget%> inserts the return value of the expression leftTarget in the script's <expressions> element into the instructions text.

Note: expressions used to assign the correct label to the left and right response keys
<expressions>
/leftTarget = if(mod(script.groupid, 2) != 0){
    item.targetAlabel.item(1);
} else {
    item.targetBlabel.item(1);
};
/rightTarget = if (mod(script.groupid, 2) != 0){
    item.targetBlabel.item(1);
} else {
    item.targetAlabel.item(1);
};
</expressions>