Millisecond Forums

Issues batch to run two scripts

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic28575.aspx

By juliehendry - 3/20/2020

I'm using a simple batch script to try to run two scripts in sequence.  Subjectid parameter used to link from a qualtrics questionnaire.

<batch>
/ file = " smnstroop.iqx"
/ file = " socialmediadotprobe_images.iqx"
</batch>

Both scripts run fine individually in inquisit and when called individually from qualtrics.

But I can't get the batch to work I keep getting an error.

In inquisit an error is showing for the first script called. 
File error "No such file or directory (5) '/Users/.../.../Inquisit/ smnstroop.iqx' Line 81, File /Users/seandr/inquisit/IQRuntime/Path.cpp" - no idea who seandr is? 

I checked the script - nada.  I re-ordered the scripts and got the exact same error on the alternate script too.

I tried to run on the web.  The error I get from inquisit player is QNetwork Error:Error transferring  '/Users/.../.../Inquisit/ smnstroop.iqx' server replied: Line 87, File /Users/seandr/inquisit/IQRuntime/Path.cpp"

I've tried setting subjectid paramater in the batch script alone and also setting it in all three scripts.

At my wits end any help much appreciated!

By Dave - 3/20/2020

Please provide the scripts and any and all files (images, etc.) the scripts require. It's absolutely impossible to say where the mistake is without them.
By Dave - 3/20/2020

Dave - 3/20/2020
Please provide the scripts and any and all files (images, etc.) the scripts require. It's absolutely impossible to say where the mistake is without them.

Notice you have a typo in your <batch> script:

You have both file names starting with a space. I'm willing to bet the file names actually do not start with a space, and the <batch> simply ought to read:

<batch>
/ file = "smnstroop.iqx"
/ file = "socialmediadotprobe_images.iqx"
</batch>
By juliehendry - 3/21/2020

Dave - 3/20/2020
Dave - 3/20/2020

Notice you have a typo in your <batch> script:

You have both file names starting with a space. I'm willing to bet the file names actually do not start with a space, and the <batch> simply ought to read:

<batch>
/ file = "smnstroop.iqx"
/ file = "socialmediadotprobe_images.iqx"
</batch>

You are my hero thank you!