Millisecond Forums

Group condition in multi-day experiment

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic29371.aspx

By eeberts525 - 7/8/2020

Hi,

I am running a 2-day study in which participants are randomly assigned by Inquisit Web to a specific condition on day 1. I am wondering if it is possible on day 2 to determine which condition they completed the previous day, without having to manually enter a list of subject IDs to load condition-specific stimuli. I would like to avoid having participants enter a groupID if at all possible.

Thank you in advance for any advice.
Elizabeth
By Dave - 7/8/2020

eeberts525 - 7/8/2020
Hi,

I am running a 2-day study in which participants are randomly assigned by Inquisit Web to a specific condition on day 1. I am wondering if it is possible on day 2 to determine which condition they completed the previous day, without having to manually enter a list of subject IDs to load condition-specific stimuli. I would like to avoid having participants enter a groupID if at all possible.

Thank you in advance for any advice.
Elizabeth

No, Inquisit has no way of knowing or remembering whichever condition a particular participant received on day 1. The easiest way to go about this may be to (randomly) pre-assign your participants to one condition for the first day, and another for the second day. Then just give them two different links (one per day) with the respective groupid / condition included as URL parameter.
By eeberts525 - 7/8/2020

Thank you for your quick response. This is the approach I was thinking of taking, but wanted to see if there was an easier solution that I was missing. Thanks!