Millisecond Forums

Getting and interpreting data from SART web test

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic29841.aspx

By Mizumaky - 10/7/2020

An honest introduction - I'm a tech-college student with nearly no experience in the area of cognitive tests (yet), so I'm not sure whether my question will be even relevant or on the other hand very trivial with me just not seeing the answer.
I'm attending a Cognitive systems course at my school, where we have to try to implement our own amateur version of a test of our choice and try to somehow interpret results . I would like to do SART, because of my interest in ADHD and it's treatment and diagnosis (since I have been diagnosed with it myself later in adolescence, helping to explain a lot of my struggles through my youth). I visited this site to get inspiration and mainly - to see some type of results of an actual test I will try on myself.

Actual problem:
I ran the web test version of SART, expecting results at the end (yes I was quite naive to think this would come free), to realize it was just a demo with no click-through to any type of results. I went on to check pricing - I'm not a professional psychologist and probably won't consider buying. As I said above, my goal is not to use these tests professionally - I just want to learn some basics bits about the tests and see a sample of how results could look like when a person like me does them. I saw that the test sent saved/sent some type of data at the end. I also checked some folders of the InquisitPlayer to find a .json which looks like containing infromation about the test I took, referencing to the test by some code. I also found out about the free trial version of Inquisit 6 which seem that it might do the trick, but I couldn't figure out how.
My question is - is there a way for me to get the results from the test I took? I don't want to bias my results by doing the test multiple times in a row (so that I wont train for better results), though one more try might not hurt if it'll be needed.
Also, do the results come in a comprehensible way or will I need to search some know-hows on interpretation? If yes, where should I look?

Sorry for such a long post, thank you for any reactions
By Dave - 10/7/2020

Mizumaky - 10/7/2020
An honest introduction - I'm a tech-college student with nearly no experience in the area of cognitive tests (yet), so I'm not sure whether my question will be even relevant or on the other hand very trivial with me just not seeing the answer.
I'm attending a Cognitive systems course at my school, where we have to try to implement our own amateur version of a test of our choice and try to somehow interpret results . I would like to do SART, because of my interest in ADHD and it's treatment and diagnosis (since I have been diagnosed with it myself later in adolescence, helping to explain a lot of my struggles through my youth). I visited this site to get inspiration and mainly - to see some type of results of an actual test I will try on myself.

Actual problem:
I ran the web test version of SART, expecting results at the end (yes I was quite naive to think this would come free), to realize it was just a demo with no click-through to any type of results. I went on to check pricing - I'm not a professional psychologist and probably won't consider buying. As I said above, my goal is not to use these tests professionally - I just want to learn some basics bits about the tests and see a sample of how results could look like when a person like me does them. I saw that the test sent saved/sent some type of data at the end. I also checked some folders of the InquisitPlayer to find a .json which looks like containing infromation about the test I took, referencing to the test by some code. I also found out about the free trial version of Inquisit 6 which seem that it might do the trick, but I couldn't figure out how.
My question is - is there a way for me to get the results from the test I took? I don't want to bias my results by doing the test multiple times in a row (so that I wont train for better results), though one more try might not hurt if it'll be needed.
Also, do the results come in a comprehensible way or will I need to search some know-hows on interpretation? If yes, where should I look?

Sorry for such a long post, thank you for any reactions

> My question is - is there a way for me to get the results from the test I took?

No.

What you'll want to do is:
(1) Download and install Inquisit Lab. https://www.millisecond.com/download
(2) Download the SART task to a suitable location on your computer (e.g. your Desktop; do not leave the file in your browser's "Downloads" folder).
https://www.millisecond.com/download/library/v6/sart/sart/sart.iqzip
(3) Start Inquisit Lab, click the "Run Free Trial" button.
(4) Open the SART you downloaded in step 2.
(5) Run the SART.

The data files containing your results will be stored locally on your computer and you can examine them at wiil.