Millisecond Forums

Mousewheel response not recognised in Inquisit 6?

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic30290.aspx

By drud9876 - 11/25/2020

Hi All,

I created a script in Inquisit 5 where a participant used the scroll wheel on their mouse to respond. This script no longer works in Inquisit 6 and I can't figure out why? Does anyone have any insight into this?

Here is the code for the trial that I'm using (just tested in both Inquisit 5 and 6 and only works in Inquisit 5). Any help greatly appreciated!

<trial mousecheck>
/ validresponse = (mousewheel,lbuttondown)
/ stimulusframes = [1=mousecheck]
/ branch = [if (trial.mousecheck.response == "mousewheel") trial.continue else trial.endtask]
</trial>
By Dave - 11/25/2020

drud9876 - 11/26/2020
Hi All,

I created a script in Inquisit 5 where a participant used the scroll wheel on their mouse to respond. This script no longer works in Inquisit 6 and I can't figure out why? Does anyone have any insight into this?

Here is the code for the trial that I'm using (just tested in both Inquisit 5 and 6 and only works in Inquisit 5). Any help greatly appreciated!

<trial mousecheck>
/ validresponse = (mousewheel,lbuttondown)
/ stimulusframes = [1=mousecheck]
/ branch = [if (trial.mousecheck.response == "mousewheel") trial.continue else trial.endtask]
</trial>

This would seem to be a bug. I've filed a bug report and the issue will hopefully be resolved in the next update. Thank you for pointing out the issue.
By drud9876 - 11/25/2020

Dave - 11/26/2020

This would seem to be a bug. I've filed a bug report and the issue will hopefully be resolved in the next update. Thank you for pointing out the issue.

Ok, thanks for clarifying Dave. I guess I will await the next update!