Millisecond Forums

Problems with grouping likert-questions over items

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic3045.aspx

By Els - 7/6/2009

I'm trying to create an experiment where participants have to answer several questions (likert scales) about several names; each name gets the same three questions. Not only would I like to have the questions grouped together with each name (in the sense that you get "name1: question 1, 2, 3"; "name2: question 1, 2, 3"; etc) , but I would also like the names to be randomized. Any idea how to do this?

/Els

By IvoR - 7/6/2009

Hey Els,

I'm not sure, but I don't think likert scales can be presented more than one at a time (but please correct me if I'm wrong).

I instead made use of the radiobuttons and surveypages. See the attached file and look if it is what you would want. There also is a more complicated way (with use of variables), but if you don't have a lot of names, you could go with this.

Hope this helps,

Ivor

By Els - 7/7/2009

Hey Ivor,

Thank you for the suggestion, but I don't think it would be very handy, since there are 40 names in the experiment. The likert scales do not have to be on one page (I already found out that was not possible), they can be on seperate pages, but preferably after each-other, while the order of the names is random. (if that makes any sense ;))

/Els

By Dave - 7/7/2009

Actually, this should be pretty straightforward. See attached.

~Dave

By Els - 7/8/2009

This was exactly what I needed, thank you! I'm new to Inquisit, as you might guess.

(Cthulu! :D)

/Els

By johnp1581 - 12/23/2012

Hi Dave,

I am using the attached script but with jpegs instead of text items. I changed all of the text elements to picture elements, and on the first try it was working for the first trial of each sequence, but for the subsequent trials it was just displaying "image.jpg". I then realized that I had not changed <text currentname> to <picture currentname> - I then changed it to correct the error, e.g.,

<picture currentname>

/ items = ("<% values.currentname %>")

/ position = (50%, 75%)

</picture>

However, I now get the error message that inquisit is unable to load the picture 'C:\Users\user\<% values.currentname %>'. 

Does this mean that I won't be able to adapt the script as it is structured for images?

I'm attaching the script. 

Thanks!

By johnp1581 - 12/23/2012

Apologies, I have now attached the picture stimuli.

By Dave - 12/23/2012

For pictures you need to use a different approach. This has been discussed at e.g.http://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic3960.aspx.