Millisecond Forums

Communication between Sona, Inquisit, and Qualtrics

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic31240.aspx

By heyytherelivvy - 4/2/2021

Hello!

My lab group and I are trying to conduct an online experiment hosted on Sona Systems for students to easily take. We are trying to get all three systems to communicate together in one seamless experiment -- starting from Sona, redirecting to Inquisit Web, then redirecting to Qualtrics, ending with a redirection back to Sona. So far, we have it working well up until the end redirection from Qualtrics back to Sona, where it provides an error message that the page cannot be found.

We have addressed all online pages on how to get Sona to work with Inquisit and how to get Inquisit to work with Qualtrics but are still not sure if we can get this working correctly. Is this something that is easily answerable on the Inquisit end, or is this more of a troubleshooting question for Qualtrics or Sona?

Current setup:
-Sona includes a redirection URL to Inquisit including the "?subjectid=%SURVEY_CODE%" bit so it will take participants to Inquisit Web
-Inquisit has participant IDs set up via URL parameter
-Inquisit's finish page redirects to the Qualtrics survey
-Qualtrics has embedded data set as "subjectid" (we also tried setting it as just "id" and that didn't work either)
-Qualtrics redirects to the link that Sona provides

Thank you!
By Dave - 4/2/2021

heyytherelivvy - 4/2/2021
Hello!

My lab group and I are trying to conduct an online experiment hosted on Sona Systems for students to easily take. We are trying to get all three systems to communicate together in one seamless experiment -- starting from Sona, redirecting to Inquisit Web, then redirecting to Qualtrics, ending with a redirection back to Sona. So far, we have it working well up until the end redirection from Qualtrics back to Sona, where it provides an error message that the page cannot be found.

We have addressed all online pages on how to get Sona to work with Inquisit and how to get Inquisit to work with Qualtrics but are still not sure if we can get this working correctly. Is this something that is easily answerable on the Inquisit end, or is this more of a troubleshooting question for Qualtrics or Sona?

Current setup:
-Sona includes a redirection URL to Inquisit including the "?subjectid=%SURVEY_CODE%" bit so it will take participants to Inquisit Web
-Inquisit has participant IDs set up via URL parameter
-Inquisit's finish page redirects to the Qualtrics survey
-Qualtrics has embedded data set as "subjectid" (we also tried setting it as just "id" and that didn't work either)
-Qualtrics redirects to the link that Sona provides

Thank you!

If the only thing that's not working is the final redirection from Qualtrics to SONA, then that's a question you ought to address with Qualtrics support. Inquisit is out of the picture by that point.
By heyytherelivvy - 4/2/2021

That's what we sorta suspected but thought we'd ask, so we'll go ahead and contact Qualtrics support. Thanks for your input and guidance, Dave!
By Dave - 4/2/2021

heyytherelivvy - 4/2/2021
That's what we sorta suspected but thought we'd ask, so we'll go ahead and contact Qualtrics support. Thanks for your input and guidance, Dave!

> -Qualtrics redirects to the link that Sona provides

This is a guess (since I have no visibility into your Qualtrics settings), but in the link that SONA provides you, change

${e://Field/id}

to

${e://Field/subjectid}