Millisecond Forums

Batch File Set up for - Multi-Study Design with Different Conditions

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic31496.aspx

By KempInquisit - 5/11/2021

Hello everyone,
I have an experiment which takes place over two separate days, where participants are randomly assigned to one of three conditions (treatment1, treatment2, and control). There are two experiment files for each condition for each day (6 in total). How do I make sure that if a subject was assigned to the treatment1 condition on the first day, they will also receive the follow-up experiment file for that specific condition on the second day? From my understanding, I will have to manipulate code in the batch script and include code related to group number. However, I am unsure, and would greatly appreciate the help as I am planning to run this on prolific.

Here is the batch script for Day 1 so far: 

<batch>
/ subjects = (1 of 3)
/ groupassignment = subjectnumber
/ file = "Treatment_1.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (2 of 3)
/ file = "Treatment_2.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (3 of 3)
/ file = "Control_3.iqx"
</batch>

Thank you for your time,
Kemp
By Dave - 5/11/2021

Paige Kemp - 5/11/2021
Hello everyone,
I have an experiment which takes place over two separate days, where participants are randomly assigned to one of three conditions (treatment1, treatment2, and control). There are two experiment files for each condition for each day (6 in total). How do I make sure that if a subject was assigned to the treatment1 condition on the first day, they will also receive the follow-up experiment file for that specific condition on the second day? From my understanding, I will have to manipulate code in the batch script and include code related to group number. However, I am unsure, and would greatly appreciate the help as I am planning to run this on prolific.

<batch>
/ subjects = (1 of 3)
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (2 of 3)
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (3 of 3)
/ file = "Control_3.iqx"
</batch>

Thank you for your time,
Kemp

There is no random assignment in your code; your batch is assigning conditions based on subject number. The same subject number will always be assigned to the same condition, so if you have participants enter their assigned subject number on each day, they will always get their assigned condtion
By KempInquisit - 5/11/2021

Dave - 5/11/2021
Paige Kemp - 5/11/2021
Hello everyone,

<batch>
/ subjects = (1 of 3)
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (2 of 3)
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (3 of 3)
/ file = "Control_3.iqx"
</batch>

Thank you for your time,
Kemp

There is no random assignment in your code; your batch is assigning conditions based on subject number. The same subject number will always be assigned to the same condition, so if you have participants enter their assigned subject number on each day, they will always get their assigned condtion

Thank you for the response and clarification!