Millisecond Forums

Help with batch

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic34189.aspx

By dar7by - 4/15/2022

I am working on a batch script experiment where the condition a participant is assigned to in Code A decides what condition the participant is assigned to in Code C. How do I program this on Inquisit 5? (ex. for the first script in the batch, P is assigned to condition #4, batch then runs another script, then for the next script the batch runs, P needs to be assigned to condition #4 in that script BECAUSE they were assigned to condition #4 in the first script of the batch)
By Dave - 4/15/2022

dar7by - 4/15/2022
I am working on a batch script experiment where the condition a participant is assigned to in Code A decides what condition the participant is assigned to in Code C. How do I program this on Inquisit 5? (ex. for the first script in the batch, P is assigned to condition #4, batch then runs another script, then for the next script the batch runs, P needs to be assigned to condition #4 in that script BECAUSE they were assigned to condition #4 in the first script of the batch)

This question isn't answerable based on the information you provided.

HOW -- i.e. based on WHAT -- is the participant assigned to a condition in the "first" script?
How many conditions are there to begin with?

Be specific
By dar7by - 4/16/2022

Dave - 4/15/2022
dar7by - 4/15/2022

HOW -- i.e. based on WHAT -- is the participant assigned to a condition in the "first" script?

Be specific

Hi, so the participant is randomly assigned to a condition in the first script. Based on that condition which they are randomly assigned to in the first script, they are then assigned to a particular condition in another script. There are 2 possible conditions in the first script that Ps are randomly assigned to, and 4 possible conditions for the later script. Random condition 1 will need to feed Ps randomly into either Condition A or B in the later script, and random condition 2 will need to feed Ps randomly into either Condition C or D in the later script. Does this help
By Dave - 4/16/2022

dar7by - 4/16/2022
a
Dave - 4/15/2022
dar7by - 4/15/2022

Be specific

Hi, so the participant is randomly assigned to a condition in the first script. Based on that condition which they are randomly assigned to in the first script, they are then assigned to a particular condition in another script. There are 2 possible conditions in the first script that Ps are randomly assigned to, and 4 possible conditions for the later script. Random condition 1 will need to feed Ps randomly into either Condition A or B in the later script, and random condition 2 will need to feed Ps randomly into either Condition C or D in the later script. Does this help

"Randomly assigned" is unspecifc. Randomly assigned based on what? A randomly generated subject number? A randomly generated group number? Something else? Again, please be specific.
By dar7by - 4/16/2022

Dave - 4/16/2022
dar7by - 4/16/2022
a
Dave - 4/15/2022
dar7by - 4/15/2022

Be specific

"Randomly assigned" is unspecifc. Randomly assigned based on what? A randomly generated subject number? A randomly generated group number? Something else? Again, please be specific.

In the code it says groupassignment = random
By Dave - 4/17/2022

dar7by - 4/16/2022
Dave - 4/16/2022
dar7by - 4/16/2022
a
Dave - 4/15/2022
dar7by - 4/15/2022

Be specific

Is there any reason for choosing /groupassignment = random? Because the whole thing is trivially done if you choose /groupassignment = groupnumber instead.
By dar7by - 4/18/2022

Dave - 4/17/2022
dar7by - 4/16/2022
Dave - 4/16/2022
dar7by - 4/16/2022
a
Dave - 4/15/2022
dar7by - 4/15/2022

Be specific

Is there any reason for choosing /groupassignment = random? Because the whole thing is trivially done if you choose /groupassignment = groupnumber instead.

I haven't heard of how to use /groupassignment = groupnumber. Would you mind explaining if that would be easier?
By Dave - 4/19/2022

dar7by - 4/19/2022
Dave - 4/17/2022
dar7by - 4/16/2022
Dave - 4/16/2022
dar7by - 4/16/2022
a
Dave - 4/15/2022
dar7by - 4/15/2022

Be specific

I haven't heard of how to use /groupassignment = groupnumber. Would you mind explaining if that would be easier?

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic13856.aspx