Millisecond Forums

Using Inquisit to communicate with IO-Warrior

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic34360.aspx

By LTK - 5/30/2022

I have testing equipment that uses IO-Warrior, a communication chip for controlling simple electronics by USB, and is currently set up to do this through Matlab, and I was wondering if it's at all possible/feasible to do this with Inquisit. I'd like to use my existing script and forego the effort of rewriting it in a different language, which is perhaps overly optimistic but I figured I'd ask anyway.

According to the IO-Warrior API documentation, "it is intended to be used with any programming language available on Windows or Linux". I'm not much of a programmer but I know that Inquisit is probably too specialized to fit within this category. Is this at all within its capabilities, even if it's not within mine? I would appreciate any answer.
By Dave - 5/30/2022

LTK - 5/30/2022
I have testing equipment that uses IO-Warrior, a communication chip for controlling simple electronics by USB, and is currently set up to do this through Matlab, and I was wondering if it's at all possible/feasible to do this with Inquisit. I'd like to use my existing script and forego the effort of rewriting it in a different language, which is perhaps overly optimistic but I figured I'd ask anyway.

According to the IO-Warrior API documentation, "it is intended to be used with any programming language available on Windows or Linux". I'm not much of a programmer but I know that Inquisit is probably too specialized to fit within this category. Is this at all within its capabilities, even if it's not within mine? I would appreciate any answer.

I'm afraid the answer is no. Speaking to this device is not within current capabilities.
By LTK - 5/30/2022

Unfortunate, but expected. Thanks for confirming