Millisecond Forums

Editing Problem with Inquisit 5 on MacOS Monterey

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic34411.aspx

By patkelly2000 - 6/13/2022

I am trying to use a script on my MacOS Monterey Version 12.3.1, but I am unable to edit the script. I use the downward arrow to see the text but once I try to type, it disappears and I am left with the text repeating itself on each line. I am hoping someone knows how to troubleshoot this.
By Dave - 6/13/2022

patkelly2000 - 6/13/2022
I am trying to use a script on my MacOS Monterey Version 12.3.1, but I am unable to edit the script. I use the downward arrow to see the text but once I try to type, it disappears and I am left with the text repeating itself on each line. I am hoping someone knows how to troubleshoot this.

Inquisit 5's editor component unfortunately does not work under macOS Big Sur or later (including Monterey), Apple broke compatibility.  Your options are:
- Downgrading macOS to a version < Big Sur compatible with Inquisit 5 Lab's editor,
- Upgrading to Inquisit 6 Lab, or
- Using an unregistered Inquisit 6 Lab installation to edit your Inquisit 5 scripts under Monterey.

In the latter case, you'll need to take care to not make use of any new features specific to Inquisit 6, otherwise the edited scripts will not work properly under Inquisit 5 (Web or Lab).
By patkelly2000 - 6/13/2022

Dave - 6/13/2022
patkelly2000 - 6/13/2022

Inquisit 5's editor component unfortunately does not work under macOS Big Sur or later (including Monterey), Apple broke compatibility.  Your options are:
- Downgrading macOS to a version < Big Sur compatible with Inquisit 5 Lab's editor,
- Using an unregistered Inquisit 6 Lab installation to edit your Inquisit 5 scripts under Monterey.

In the latter case, you'll need to take care to not make use of any new features specific to Inquisit 6, otherwise the edited scripts will not work properly under Inquisit 5 (Web or Lab).

Thank you for that. Not sure, but worth inquiring. Would running it through parallels desktop work?
By Dave - 6/13/2022

patkelly2000 - 6/13/2022
Dave - 6/13/2022
patkelly2000 - 6/13/2022

Thank you for that. Not sure, but worth inquiring. Would running it through parallels desktop work?

As long as the virtual machine is running compatible OS, then yes, that should be fine for editing scripts,