Millisecond Forums

Adding Question After nback Tasks

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic34486.aspx

By charsiubhau - 6/27/2022

I'm having difficulty figuring out how and where to put a slider scale question of perceived performance after the 1back, 2back, and 3back of my nback task. I'd appreciate any help with this!
By Dave - 6/27/2022

charsiubhau - 6/27/2022
I'm having difficulty figuring out how and where to put a slider scale question of perceived performance after the 1back, 2back, and 3back of my nback task. I'd appreciate any help with this!

You'll have to be more specifc as to what script you are referring to as "your" nback task.

Dave - 6/27/2022
charsiubhau - 6/27/2022

You'll have to be more specifc as to what script you are referring to as "your" nback task.

I'm using the  "NBack Task (letter stimuli)"!
By Dave - 6/27/2022

charsiubhau - 6/27/2022
Dave - 6/27/2022
charsiubhau - 6/27/2022

Then

<block Test>
/ trials = [
    1 = start;
    2 - 16 = noreplace(nontarget, nontarget, target);
    17 = yourslidertrialhere;
]
</block>

is where you'll want to add your slider trial.

Dave - 6/27/2022
charsiubhau - 6/27/2022
Dave - 6/27/2022
charsiubhau - 6/27/2022

Then

<block Test>
/ trials = [
    1 = start;
]
</block>

Thank you, I'm still having a bit of difficulty though. I inserted the following script like you mentioned. I wanted to add the question "Please indicate the percentage you believe you got correct on the nback" as a caption but it won't let me with the "caption" tag. The labels also don't show up as 0 and 100:

By Dave - 6/27/2022

charsiubhau - 6/27/2022
Dave - 6/27/2022
charsiubhau - 6/27/2022
Dave - 6/27/2022
charsiubhau - 6/27/2022

Then

<block Test>
/ trials = [
    1 = start;
]
</block>

Thank you, I'm still having a bit of difficulty though. I inserted the following script like you mentioned. I wanted to add the question "Please indicate the percentage you believe you got correct on the nback" as a caption but it won't let me with the "caption" tag. The labels also don't show up as 0 and 100:

<slidertrial> elements do not have /caption attributes. You display a <text> element per its /stimulusframes, just like with any other regular <trial>. As for your labels, your script's screen color is black, so you need to make sure the labels are white for them to be displayed.

<slidertrial nbackperception>
/ stimulusframes = [1=clearscreen, perceptionquestion]
/ range = (0,100)
/ increment = 1
/ orientation = horizontal
/ labels = ("<font color=white>0</font>", "<font color=white>100</font>")
/ required = true
/ position = (50%, 60%)
/ size = (90%, 20%)
/ buttonlabel = "Submit"
</slidertrial>

<text perceptionquestion>
/ items = ("Please indicate the percentage you believe you got correct on the nback:")
/ txcolor = white
/ txbgcolor = black
/ position = (50%, 30%)
</text>

Dave - 6/27/2022
charsiubhau - 6/27/2022
Dave - 6/27/2022
charsiubhau - 6/27/2022
Dave - 6/27/2022
charsiubhau - 6/27/2022

Then

<block Test>
/ trials = [
    1 = start;
]
</block>

<slidertrial> elements do not have /caption attributes. You display a <text> element per its /stimulusframes, just like with any other regular <trial>. As for your labels, your script's screen color is black, so you need to make sure the labels are white for them to be displayed.

<slidertrial nbackperception>
/ stimulusframes = [1=clearscreen, perceptionquestion]
/ range = (0,100)
/ increment = 1
/ orientation = horizontal
/ labels = ("<font color=white>0</font>", "<font color=white>100</font>")
/ required = true
/ position = (50%, 60%)
/ size = (90%, 20%)
/ buttonlabel = "Submit"
</slidertrial>

<text perceptionquestion>
/ items = ("Please indicate the percentage you believe you got correct on the nback:")
/ txcolor = white
/ txbgcolor = black
/ position = (50%, 30%)
</text>

Thank you so much! You're the best Dave!!