Millisecond Forums

What to do with Error 46?

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic35136.aspx

By k.vanschie@tilburguniversity.edu - 1/20/2023

I just uploaded my experiment to the server and when I run it myself I get the follow error (46)

Network Error with HTTP Status: 403: 'Permission Denied' in bool inquisit:: Path::loadFileHttp(QByteArray &, const QString &, const QString &, const QString &, int, bool)

To be honest, I'm not really sure where to start or what it means exactly. I hope there's someone here who can point me in the right direction. Is it a programming error? Does it have to do with permission of sorts?

When I run the experiment on my computer (and not from the server) I don't get any errors. 
By Dave - 1/20/2023

I just uploaded my experiment to the server and when I run it myself I get the follow error (46)

Network Error with HTTP Status: 403: 'Permission Denied' in bool inquisit:: Path::loadFileHttp(QByteArray &, const QString &, const QString &, const QString &, int, bool)

To be honest, I'm not really sure where to start or what it means exactly. I hope there's someone here who can point me in the right direction. Is it a programming error? Does it have to do with permission of sorts?

When I run the experiment on my computer (and not from the server) I don't get any errors. 

This error typically means that one or more of the files the experiment needs (e.g. image files) has not been uploaded. Upload the missing file(s), and then things should work.
By k.vanschie@tilburguniversity.edu - 1/20/2023

Dave - 1/20/2023

This error typically means that one or more of the files the experiment needs (e.g. image files) has not been uploaded. Upload the missing file(s), and then things should work.

Oddly enough it was because I used an ampersand & in the experiment file name. Removing that solved it all.
By Dave - 1/20/2023

Dave - 1/20/2023

Oddly enough it was because I used an ampersand & in the experiment file name. Removing that solved it all.

Yes, that makes sense. "&" and some other characters (e.g. "+") have special meaning in a web-context and will break the URL to a file. "&" for example indicates that what follows is part of a query string and not part of a file name ( cf. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Query_string ).
These characters will not cause a problem when you run the respective script locally on your computer with Inquisit Lab, but should be avoided in web--use. As a guideline, restrict yourself to lowercase English letters, digits, and underscores in file names.