Millisecond Forums

Error message Inquisit Web

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic35581.aspx

By momo - 7/31/2023

Hello everyone, 

I keep receiving an error message for a script I want to run in the web version. The script is uploaded already for a long while (2 years) and used to run without problems, however I had to changed something small in the script. So, I downloaded the script and changed it and uploaded the new version in the web version. However, now when clicking on it, this error message appears:

"Inquisit license verification failed. The following script is not registered for account 'accoutnname'. The script will not be run."  

I downloaded the script locally on the computer and there it is running without any problems. But in the web version, I keep getting that error message. Does anyone know what the message means and what I can do to make it run?

I would appreciate any help.
Many thanks and best regards,
Momo
By Dave - 7/31/2023

momo - 7/31/2023
Hello everyone, 

I keep receiving an error message for a script I want to run in the web version. The script is uploaded already for a long while (2 years) and used to run without problems, however I had to changed something small in the script. So, I downloaded the script and changed it and uploaded the new version in the web version. However, now when clicking on it, this error message appears:

"Inquisit license verification failed. The following script is not registered for account 'accoutnname'. The script will not be run."  

I downloaded the script locally on the computer and there it is running without any problems. But in the web version, I keep getting that error message. Does anyone know what the message means and what I can do to make it run?

I would appreciate any help.
Many thanks and best regards,
Momo

You need to provide the link to the experiment if you want an answer. At a guess, when changing the script, you also changed its name and included a & in its file name. That will break the URL and result in a license verification error, because "&" has special meaning in URLs.
By momo - 7/31/2023

I just changed the name back and now it works again. Thank you very much!