unable to open videos?

Author
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hm, I'm a bit confused that you obviously don't want subjects to respond to any of your videos. So, let's see. If you use the /validresponse = (noresponse) setting in a trial you'll also have to define a proper timeout for said trial. Again, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by setting /timeout = (replace). I suspect, you're mixing things up. The /replace setting can be used for selecting stimuli, not for defining timeouts. So, what to do now?

If all of your videos have the same length (say, 20 seconds), you could set a generic timeout in your trial (i.e. /timeout = 20000). If your videos vary considerably in length, you could define a trial for each single video (you'd have as many differently named trials in your script as you have videos) with a timeout specifically matched for the video it's presenting. But the easiest way in my opinion would be to actually have subjects respond to the video by having them click an "Advance to next video" button (or so) after the current video has finished, because this would require only minor changes to the existing script.

Does that help?
~Dave

evolpsy
evolpsy
Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Yes this does help!

Well we don't want them respond as the structure of the experiment is that they first see a (randomised) series of videos and then perform a behavioural task (tasting, touching or smelling something). Ideally we don't want them to do anything except sit there and watch the series : ).

The videos are all close to 10s but not exact (though it shouldn't be much more than 10s), so I think I will go for the timeout = 10100 option. I was just wondering if there was any option where the next video would start without having to specify the (exact) length of the trials. (This would be less work than specifying the exact timeout for 84 videos). I was hoping that replace might be able to dot the job. Anyway, now I know!

Many thanks for your helpful comments,

Thomas

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Glad I could help out. Good luck with your research!
~Dave

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search