Cannot upload video files to server

Author
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Given your script's setup

<include>
/ precondition = [computer.platform=="win"]
/ file = "win_vids.iqx"
</include>

<include>
/ precondition = [computer.platform=="mac"]
/ file = "mac_vids.iqx"
</include>

*all* videos referenced in "win_vids.iqx" will be downloaded to Windows systems, but not those referenced in "mac_vids.iqx".

Conversely, *all* files in "mac_vids.iqx" will be downloaded to Macs, but not those referenced in "win_vids.iqx".

If you wanted to restrict this further to only those files pertaining to the given participant's condition, you'd have to extend the conditional <include> logic accordingly. See the attached example based on your script; I've shortened the trial duration and substituted the <video> elements with <text> elements for illustration purposes. It works the same with the actual videos and duration.

On an unrelated note, I'd recommend revising your <data> element:

<data>
/file = "/Users/myninja/Documents/Sussex/PhD/Awe Project/Experiment 3/Data/Manipulation/Manipulation_rawdata.iqdat"
/ columns = [date, time, subject, group, stimulusnumber, stimulusitem, stimulusitem, stimulusitem]
/separatefiles = true
</data>

The file path referenced above *will not* exist on participants' system which can lead to issues, potentially even data loss.

Attachments
example.zip (385 views, 2.00 KB)
audiosophy
audiosophy
Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Whooo great! that is some ninja coding right there - thanks so much. Will get some server space, test it out and report back :) 
audiosophy
audiosophy
Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)
And yeah, the local data path was left there as this was just a test script, I will remove for the proper experiment.
audiosophy
audiosophy
Ok I have got my own server now and would like to link these videos in. I have saved all 7 iqx files to implement the include logic. I am having trouble playing the video though. 

Each of the video include item files looks something like this:

<item video_items>
/ 1 = "http://existlab.x10host.com/videos/neutral_video.mov"
</item>

But all I am getting is the text but not file located at this address.

I have also tried it with ftp instead of http before the url. Any ideas?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
The string (URL) in the <item> element is interpreted as text because your script ( http://www.millisecond.com/myaccount/scripts/astell/manipulation/manipulation.iqx ) has <text> elements using that <item> element.

<text awe_video>
/ items = video_items
/ size = (100%, 100%)
/ erase = true(255, 255, 255)
</text>

<text amusement_video>
/ items = video_items
/ size = (100%, 100%)
</text>

<text neutral_video>
/ items = video_items
/ size = (100%, 100%)
</text>

Those ought to be <video> elements of course as I have pointed out in my previous reply when I gave you the example: "I've shortened the trial duration and substituted the <video> elements with <text> elements for illustration purposes. It works the same with the actual videos and duration."

So: (1) Change the <text> elements back to <video> elements and (2) set the /trialduration back to the required value.

audiosophy
audiosophy
Gotcha, sorry I forgot that had been changed. Thanks again. 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search