Survey

Author
Benja
Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Maybe it's not elegant, but it does the job.  I'll take it gladly!

Gracias, thanks, viehlen dank, grazie mille... and so on.

buttons
buttons
Partner Member (644 reputation)Partner Member (644 reputation)Partner Member (644 reputation)Partner Member (644 reputation)Partner Member (644 reputation)Partner Member (644 reputation)Partner Member (644 reputation)Partner Member (644 reputation)Partner Member (644 reputation)
Hi again,

Im still strugling with how to do branching in a survey! (i've never done scripts before and my brain just doesn't work that way apartently!) Was wondering if anyone has a e.g. of a survey script that contains branching?

thanks muchly

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
See the attached file for an example based on the demographics sample included with Inquisit. In this survey, participants are directed to different follow-up pages (i.e. branching) based on a previous response expressing their political views. You can do the same thing based on any custom <values> element used to track participants' scores throughout the survey (see previous posts).

Hope this helps,
~Dave

Attachments
survey_branching.exp (650 views, 2.00 KB)
Pete R
Pete R
Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)

I nested "survey page" elements into "block" elements which are nested in an "experiment".  I do not use the "survey" element at all. 

So, my survey is now technically an experiment, correct?  This means the way the data is written to file is different, correct? 

What element should I use to choose and arrange the responses that are written to file?  Or, should I?

Thanks

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
I nested "survey page" elements into "block" elements which are nested in an "experiment".  I do not use the "survey" element at all. So, my survey is now technically an experiment, correct?

In Inquisit's terminology your survey is an experiment. Correct.

This means the way the data is written to file is different, correct?

Correct. The <survey> element writes datafiles containing a single line per subject. The <expt> / <block> element writes datafiles containing multiple lines per subject.

What element should I use to choose and arrange the responses that are written to file? Or, should I?

Currently, data output for the <survey> element cannot be customised. As you are using the <expt> / <block> element instead, you can (re-)arrange data output via the <data> element. Do you really need this? Depends on what you're looking for... I'd recommend generating some test data (for example using Inquisit's built-in <monkey>) using Inquisit's default data recording scheme (i.e. without specifying a <data> element first). Then look at the output files, decide what -  if anything - needs to be rearranged and specify an appropriate <data> element.

Thanks

You're welcome.

~Dave

Pete R
Pete R
Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)

Great, thanks. I really appreciate it.

Happy Thanksgiving from Canada

kaiter
kaiter
Associate Member (130 reputation)Associate Member (130 reputation)Associate Member (130 reputation)Associate Member (130 reputation)Associate Member (130 reputation)Associate Member (130 reputation)Associate Member (130 reputation)Associate Member (130 reputation)Associate Member (130 reputation)

I realise this post is years old, but I'm having a similar problem -
I've set out a matrix-style questionnaire with radio buttons (the script
may not be pretty, but the outcome looks good :P). I have a series of questions on
multiple pages, but I've copied some of my code below so you can see
what I've done. You have to answer each item before continuing to the
next page.

My question is whether it's possible to highlight a
question that has not been responded to so the people completing it can
clearly and easily see which item they've missed?

I realise that "/required = true" usually does this (changes the
font colour of a missed question from default black to red), but because
I have the question and radio button response in separate bits of code
(to get the page alignment clear/how I want it) it isn't making the
connection. Will I need to change this so the question/item is the
caption in the radiobutton part of the script? If so, is it possible to
get the page alignment as I have it at the moment?

I've been playing around with this for a couple of days and can't work out a way to overcome this particular issue!

<caption values>

/ caption = "Not at all                           Extremely"

/subcaption = "1          2          3          4          5          6          7"

/ position = (45, 16)

</caption>

<caption item1>

/ caption = "Are you understanding the question?"

/ position = (10, 20)

</caption>

<radiobuttons response1>

/ options = ("         ", "         ", "          ", "         ", "         ", "         ","        ")

/ optionvalues =  = ("1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6","7")

/orientation = horizontal

/ position = (45, 20)

/required = true

</radiobuttons>

Dave
Dave

My question is whether it's possible to highlight a
question that has not been responded to so the people completing it can
clearly and easily see which item they've missed?

No, in this particular case there is no straightforward way to do this.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search