Rotor task nans

Author
aquirk
Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Dave,

I'm hoping to rerun this study, and would really like to not have to go back through and change all the nans by hand. Do you know of a code that can fix this issue?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
aquirk - Monday, January 22, 2018
Hi Dave,

I'm hoping to rerun this study, and would really like to not have to go back through and change all the nans by hand. Do you know of a code that can fix this issue?

I think changing the <expressions> to something along the lines of

<expressions>
/ offdurations_trial_mean = if (list.offDurations_trial.itemcount>0) list.offDurations_trial.mean else 0
/ sum_offDurations_trial = expressions.offdurations_trial_mean * list.offDurations_trial.itemcount
</expressions>

should do the trick. I.e., in case the off durations list is empty (contains no items, due to perfect target tracking), the above expression should ensure that expressions.sum_offDurations_trial returns 0 as the sum of off durations for the trial, instead of "not a number".

aquirk
aquirk
Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)
Thanks, that's working for the perfect scores, but looks like it's also recording no movement as a perfect score now? Any idea how to fix that?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Thanks, that's working for the perfect scores, but looks like it's also recording no movement as a perfect score now? Any idea how to fix that?

Could you show me a data file that illustrates that? (NB: As before, no or minimal movement should be detectable per the values logged in the list.targetDistances_trial.itemcount column, and trials with low or zero values there should be discarded.)

aquirk
aquirk
I'm working with the trial version so it doesn't record the data when I test this out, but if you run the attached script you can see for yourself in the feedback pages between each trial it'll say 2 if you don't move your mouse at all (each trial is 2 seconds long). FYI--the instructions may not match the correct times, I shortened the trial and rest times for testing purposes.
Attachments
2sec_12218_task_nantest.iqx (167 views, 49.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
I'm working with the trial version so it doesn't record the data when I test this out, but if you run the attached script you can see for yourself in the feedback pages between each trial it'll say 2 if you don't move your mouse at all (each trial is 2 seconds long). FYI--the instructions may not match the correct times, I shortened the trial and rest times for testing purposes.

Hmm, that's not what I'm seeing. I'm getting very low values (both on-screen as well as in the data file) depending on where exactly I positioned the mouse within the circle during the start trial. But maybe something is throwing things off on my system because it's virtually impossible for me to not move the mouse at all.

If you direct message me your trial installation's computer key, I can give you a special registration key that will reset the trial period -- you can then record data again (for another 30 days), and maybe some of your data file(s) will tell me what's going on.

aquirk
aquirk
Great, thanks so much. The computer key is BE4B400A3A0B4A0E.
Dave
Dave
Great, thanks so much. The computer key is BE4B400A3A0B4A0E.

Thanks for the computer key. Please paste the following key

A44ABAABA2356644

into the "REGISTRATION KEY:" field and then click the "Get Registration Key" button. This should reset the trial period.

aquirk
aquirk
Here's the data file. In trials 1-3 I didn't move my mouse at all. In trials 4-6 I did move it, and got a perfect score on trial 5. In trials 7 and 8, I didn't move my mouse again.
Attachments
Dave
Dave
aquirk - Tuesday, January 23, 2018
Here's the data file. In trials 1-3 I didn't move my mouse at all. In trials 4-6 I did move it, and got a perfect score on trial 5. In trials 7 and 8, I didn't move my mouse again.

Thanks for the data file. Since the non-movement in trials 1-3 as well as trials 7-8 appears to be correctly detected / reflected by list.targetDistances_trial.itemcount, it shoud be possible to factor that in to the expression calculating the per-trial off-target duration:

<expressions>
/ offdurations_trial_mean = if (list.offDurations_trial.itemcount>0 && list.targetDistances_trial.itemcount>0) {
                            list.offDurations_trial.mean
                        } else if (list.targetDistances_trial.itemcount == 0) {
                            "nan"
                        } else
                        }
/ sum_offDurations_trial = expressions.offdurations_trial_mean * list.offDurations_trial.itemcount
</expressions>

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search