Question mouse AAT output

Author
c.witteki
Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
c.witteki - Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Dave - Monday, January 15, 2018
Sorry for the delay. I have looked at that file at considerable length:
(1) The coordinates look fine, i.e. they are exactly within the ranges they'd be expected to be given the screen and canvas size.
(2) As far as I can see, that data file does not show the issue, i.e. all initial responses, final responses and direction changes logged are consistent / what they should be. As such, that particular data file is of less diagnostic value than a file that contains (seemingly?) inconsistent data.
(3) The only thing that sticks out in the data is that -- on a few, rare occasions -- there are fairly large jumps in terms of the absolute distance (in pixels) the mouse moves within a single trial. That may suggest either extremely rapid movement (perhaps quicker than the program can reliably detect) or some other problem. That may have something to do with the original problem, but given (2) it's not clear.

If you have a data file with extended logging around that _does_ contain inconsistent trials (i.e. initial and final response differ, but no direction change indicated), that would be helpful. Thanks!

Hi Dave, sorry, I didn´t check the file as I was sure that the error would occur. Please find attached an output file in which the problem occurs.

Best
Charlotte

Hi Dave,

two weeks ago I uploaded an update file containing the error trials. Can you estimate when you will find the time to check the file?

Thanks a lot and best,
Charlotte

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
c.witteki - Thursday, February 1, 2018
c.witteki - Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Dave - Monday, January 15, 2018
Sorry for the delay. I have looked at that file at considerable length:
(1) The coordinates look fine, i.e. they are exactly within the ranges they'd be expected to be given the screen and canvas size.
(2) As far as I can see, that data file does not show the issue, i.e. all initial responses, final responses and direction changes logged are consistent / what they should be. As such, that particular data file is of less diagnostic value than a file that contains (seemingly?) inconsistent data.
(3) The only thing that sticks out in the data is that -- on a few, rare occasions -- there are fairly large jumps in terms of the absolute distance (in pixels) the mouse moves within a single trial. That may suggest either extremely rapid movement (perhaps quicker than the program can reliably detect) or some other problem. That may have something to do with the original problem, but given (2) it's not clear.

If you have a data file with extended logging around that _does_ contain inconsistent trials (i.e. initial and final response differ, but no direction change indicated), that would be helpful. Thanks!

Hi Dave, sorry, I didn´t check the file as I was sure that the error would occur. Please find attached an output file in which the problem occurs.

Best
Charlotte

Hi Dave,

two weeks ago I uploaded an update file containing the error trials. Can you estimate when you will find the time to check the file?

Thanks a lot and best,
Charlotte

Hi Charlotte,

I did check the file and it clearly shows the issue, the reason for the issue occurring in the 1st place, however, is still unclear to me. As before, the only thing that sticks out are large jumps in the mouse coordinates within the space of a single trial -- something I have been unable to reproduce, so it's unclear to me still how this may or may not relate to the problem. Although those jumps are large, the coordinates aren't "wrong" per se, i.e. they are not outside of the defined screen and canvas dimensions.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search