Verbal simple reaction time

Author
Anadepte
Partner Member (852 reputation)Partner Member (852 reputation)Partner Member (852 reputation)Partner Member (852 reputation)Partner Member (852 reputation)Partner Member (852 reputation)Partner Member (852 reputation)Partner Member (852 reputation)Partner Member (852 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Anadepte - Wednesday, April 18, 2018

I can hear the sound just for one time (and not for 20 times at a random interstimulus interval) and the verbal response is not recordered so I don't have the latency..

I ran the script and it works properly for me. I've attached the script as well as one of the data files created so you can see for yourself. If the script stalls for you after the 1st playback of the sound and then doesn't move on, this means Inquisit isn't getting any input from the microphone. Make sure it's not muted.

Yes, the volume of microphone was very law, I changed it and it works until the end of the script but some sounds stopped sharply so in my data files (thanks for yours!) under "latency" for those stimulus there is 0. I gonna try to change computer. 
Anadepte
Anadepte
Partner Member (852 reputation)Partner Member (852 reputation)Partner Member (852 reputation)Partner Member (852 reputation)Partner Member (852 reputation)Partner Member (852 reputation)Partner Member (852 reputation)Partner Member (852 reputation)Partner Member (852 reputation)
Anadepte - Thursday, April 19, 2018
Dave - Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Anadepte - Wednesday, April 18, 2018

I can hear the sound just for one time (and not for 20 times at a random interstimulus interval) and the verbal response is not recordered so I don't have the latency..

I ran the script and it works properly for me. I've attached the script as well as one of the data files created so you can see for yourself. If the script stalls for you after the 1st playback of the sound and then doesn't move on, this means Inquisit isn't getting any input from the microphone. Make sure it's not muted.

Yes, the volume of microphone was very law, I changed it and it works until the end of the script but some sounds stopped sharply so in my data files (thanks for yours!) under "latency" for those stimulus there is 0. I gonna try to change computer. 

I gonna send you my data files because I changed the computer and checked microphone/left speaker but I have the same problems. What could it be?
Attachments
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Anadepte - Friday, April 20, 2018

I gonna send you my data files because I changed the computer and checked microphone/left speaker but I have the same problems. What could it be?

Please be more specific -- what are those problems exactly? And what are the respective data files supposed to show with respect to the problem? Are they all from the same computer or are they from different ones? Also, only the 1st two data files show a zero latency, the 3rd data file shows no such thing. Finally, please don't only attach data files without any context, please at the very least also attach the actual script that you ran, including (!) any external files that script needs to run (e.g. the audio file). Thanks.

Anadepte
Anadepte
Dave - Friday, April 20, 2018

Please be more specific -- what are those problems exactly? And what are the respective data files supposed to show with respect to the problem? Are they all from the same computer or are they from different ones? Also, only the 1st two data files show a zero latency, the 3rd data file shows no such thing. Finally, please don't only attach data files without any context, please at the very least also attach the actual script that you ran, including (!) any external files that script needs to run (e.g. the audio file). Thanks.

Hi Dave, sorry if I never replied and thanked you for your help. I came back just now and I need of your help once again. The script worked properly for some months during the free version but after we bought the program it doesn't work properly again. I mean sometimes the sound chokes (I can't hear the complete audio) so I don't have the time to answer or I can hear just 2/3 inputs and it stop to run. Could you try to run the script on your computer?

Thank you very much.
Costanza
Attachments
script.iqx (354 views, 3.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Anadepte - Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Dave - Friday, April 20, 2018

Hi Dave, sorry if I never replied and thanked you for your help. I came back just now and I need of your help once again. The script worked properly for some months during the free version but after we bought the program it doesn't work properly again. I mean sometimes the sound chokes (I can't hear the complete audio) so I don't have the time to answer or I can hear just 2/3 inputs and it stop to run. Could you try to run the script on your computer?

Thank you very much.
Costanza

It's working fine for me under Inquisit 5.0.14.0.

Anadepte
Anadepte
Thank you Dave.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search