How to choose random batches?

Author
Sean L.
Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 7/2/2019
Sean L. - 7/2/2019

So this is a normal end survey page in the Web Inquisit. But after the study above, it automatically goes back to the very first page.

You said the "study immediately reverts [to this page]" -- what does "immediately" mean? Does the study run at all or do you click start, nothing happens, and the study goes back to the start page?

You also said "We got a same problem even if we put extra sections after that." What extra sections? After what? Do you mean redirecting to some external page? Or do you mean further <batch> elements?

Could you please clarify the above? Perhaps a link to the actual study would be helpful, too. Thanks.

1. Ah, I might need to take "immediately" out. I mean after going through all the batches, web inquisit goes back to the start page instead of an ending page. Sorry for making you confused.

2. I mean further <batch> elements. So, even when I put such as "slider.iqx" after the original code, it shows the same problem without going to "slider.iqx." 

<batch 1>
/ file = "intro.iqx"
</batch>

<batch 2>
/ file = "a.iqx"
/ file = "b.iqx"
/ file = "c.iqx"
/ file = "d.iqx"
/ file = "e.iqx"
/ file = "f.iqx"
/ selectionmode = random
/ onscriptend = [parameters.scriptcount += 1;]
</batch>

<parameters>
/ scriptcount = 0
</parameters>

<batch 3>
/file = "slider.iqx"
</batch>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Sean L. - 7/2/2019
Dave - 7/2/2019
Sean L. - 7/2/2019

So this is a normal end survey page in the Web Inquisit. But after the study above, it automatically goes back to the very first page.

You said the "study immediately reverts [to this page]" -- what does "immediately" mean? Does the study run at all or do you click start, nothing happens, and the study goes back to the start page?

You also said "We got a same problem even if we put extra sections after that." What extra sections? After what? Do you mean redirecting to some external page? Or do you mean further <batch> elements?

Could you please clarify the above? Perhaps a link to the actual study would be helpful, too. Thanks.

1. Ah, I might need to take "immediately" out. I mean after going through all the batches, web inquisit goes back to the start page instead of an ending page. Sorry for making you confused.

2. I mean further <batch> elements. So, even when I put such as "slider.iqx" after the original code, it shows the same problem without going to "slider.iqx." 

<batch 1>
/ file = "intro.iqx"
</batch>

<batch 2>
/ file = "a.iqx"
/ file = "b.iqx"
/ file = "c.iqx"
/ file = "d.iqx"
/ file = "e.iqx"
/ file = "f.iqx"
/ selectionmode = random
</batch>

<parameters>
/ scriptcount = 0
</parameters>

<batch 3>
/file = "slider.iqx"
</batch>

I see, thank you for the clarification. #2 is the expected behavior. The whole batch script is terminated, after all. If you don't want to quit the entire set of <batch>es after two scripts in the middle one, you need to change the script.abort() logic from

script.abort(true), where "true" means terminate the entire batch script
to
script.abort(false), where "false" indicates that the batch script should keep running and only the individual script is terminated.

That might also solve problem #1, since, technically, the whole thing runs regularly through to the end then.

Sean L.
Sean L.
Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)
Dave - 7/2/2019
Sean L. - 7/2/2019
Dave - 7/2/2019
Sean L. - 7/2/2019

<batch 1>
/ file = "intro.iqx"
</batch>

<batch 2>
/ file = "a.iqx"
/ file = "b.iqx"
/ file = "c.iqx"
/ file = "d.iqx"
/ file = "e.iqx"
/ file = "f.iqx"
/ selectionmode = random
</batch>

<parameters>
/ scriptcount = 0
</parameters>

<batch 3>
/file = "slider.iqx"
</batch>

I see, thank you for the clarification. #2 is the expected behavior. The whole batch script is terminated, after all. If you don't want to quit the entire set of <batch>es after two scripts in the middle one, you need to change the script.abort() logic from

script.abort(true), where "true" means terminate the entire batch script
to
script.abort(false), where "false" indicates that the batch script should keep running and only the individual script is terminated.

That might also solve problem #1, since, technically, the whole thing runs regularly through to the end then.

Sorry Dave, still have a problem... 
I also think that there must be a problem in abort() command but could not figure out it. Do you have any other idea? 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Sean L. - 7/2/2019

I also think that there must be a problem in abort() command but could not figure out it. Do you have any other idea? 

> Sorry Dave, still have a problem... 

Would it be possible to explain what that problem is?

> I also think that there must be a problem in abort() command but could not figure out it.

What did you try and what isn't working? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say without any details and the actual code. Why do you think there is a problem with script.abort() and what is it that you couldn't figure out?

Sean L.
Sean L.
Dave - 7/2/2019
Sean L. - 7/2/2019

> I also think that there must be a problem in abort() command but could not figure out it.

What did you try and what isn't working? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say without any details and the actual code. Why do you think there is a problem with script.abort() and what is it that you couldn't figure out?

I mean even if I change the code from script.abort(true) to script.abort(false), it still shows the white black page and stops (need to use alt+command+esc to exit).

This is "batch.iqx",

<batch 1>
/ file = "intro.iqx"
</batch>

<batch 2>
/ file = "a.iqx"
/ file = "b.iqx"
/ file = "c.iqx"
/ file = "d.iqx"
/ file = "e.iqx"
/ file = "f.iqx"
/ selectionmode = random
</batch>

<parameters>
/ scriptcount = 0
</parameters>

AND from each file from <batch2>, for example in file "a.iqx",

<expt myexpt>
/ onexptbegin = [
if(parameters.scriptcount >= 2) script.abort(false);
]
/ blocks = [1=myblock]
</expt>

<block myblock>
/ trials = [1=mytrial]
</block>

<trial mytrial>
/ stimulusframes = [1=mytext]
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

<text mytext>
/ items = ("This is <%script.filename%>. Press SPACE.")
</text>

<parameters>
/ scriptcount = 0
</parameters>

if I change "if(parameters.scriptcount >= 2)" to "if(parameters.scriptcount >= 6)", which means going through all the files (from a.iqx to f.iqx), it works very well and does not show white black page or stop. And from this result, I assume that there can be a problem in script.abort(). I hope my description makes sense. If you have more detail, please let me know.
Sean L.
Sean L.
Sean L. - 7/2/2019
Dave - 7/2/2019
Sean L. - 7/2/2019

I mean even if I change the code from script.abort(true) to script.abort(false), it still shows the white black page and stops (need to use alt+command+esc to exit).

This is "batch.iqx",

<batch 1>
/ file = "intro.iqx"
</batch>

<batch 2>
/ file = "a.iqx"
/ file = "b.iqx"
/ file = "c.iqx"
/ file = "d.iqx"
/ file = "e.iqx"
/ file = "f.iqx"
/ selectionmode = random
</batch>

<parameters>
/ scriptcount = 0
</parameters>

<expt myexpt>
/ onexptbegin = [
]
/ blocks = [1=myblock]
</expt>

<block myblock>
/ trials = [1=mytrial]
</block>

<trial mytrial>
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

<text mytext>
</text>

<parameters>
/ scriptcount = 0
</parameters>

if I change "if(parameters.scriptcount >= 2)" to "if(parameters.scriptcount >= 6)", which means going through all the files (from a.iqx to f.iqx), it works very well and does not show white black page or stop. And from this result, I assume that there can be a problem in script.abort(). I hope my description makes sense. If you have more detail, please let me know.

Sorry for the typo. white black page -> white blank page.
Dave
Dave
Sean L. - 7/2/2019
Sean L. - 7/2/2019
Dave - 7/2/2019
Sean L. - 7/2/2019

This is "batch.iqx",

<batch 1>
/ file = "intro.iqx"
</batch>

<batch 2>
/ file = "a.iqx"
/ file = "b.iqx"
/ file = "c.iqx"
/ file = "d.iqx"
/ file = "e.iqx"
/ file = "f.iqx"
/ selectionmode = random
</batch>

<parameters>
/ scriptcount = 0
</parameters>

<expt myexpt>
/ onexptbegin = [
]
/ blocks = [1=myblock]
</expt>

<block myblock>
/ trials = [1=mytrial]
</block>

<trial mytrial>
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

<text mytext>
</text>

<parameters>
/ scriptcount = 0
</parameters>

Could you please run through this

https://mili2nd.co/6unb

and let me know how it behaves for you. It should (and does, for me) run:
- intro
- two random scripts out of A to F
- a simple slider script at the end
-  the default finish page

Sean L.
Sean L.
Dave - 7/2/2019
Sean L. - 7/2/2019
Sean L. - 7/2/2019
Dave - 7/2/2019
Sean L. - 7/2/2019

This is "batch.iqx",

<batch 1>
/ file = "intro.iqx"
</batch>

<batch 2>
/ file = "a.iqx"
/ file = "b.iqx"
/ file = "c.iqx"
/ file = "d.iqx"
/ file = "e.iqx"
/ file = "f.iqx"
/ selectionmode = random
</batch>

<parameters>
/ scriptcount = 0
</parameters>

<expt myexpt>
/ onexptbegin = [
]
/ blocks = [1=myblock]
</expt>

<block myblock>
/ trials = [1=mytrial]
</block>

<trial mytrial>
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

<text mytext>
</text>

<parameters>
/ scriptcount = 0
</parameters>

- intro

It works very well !!
Sean L.
Sean L.
Sean L. - 7/2/2019
Dave - 7/2/2019
Sean L. - 7/2/2019
Sean L. - 7/2/2019
Dave - 7/2/2019
Sean L. - 7/2/2019

This is "batch.iqx",

<batch 1>
/ file = "intro.iqx"
</batch>

<batch 2>
/ file = "a.iqx"
/ file = "b.iqx"
/ file = "c.iqx"
/ file = "d.iqx"
/ file = "e.iqx"
/ file = "f.iqx"
/ selectionmode = random
</batch>

<parameters>
/ scriptcount = 0
</parameters>

<expt myexpt>
/ onexptbegin = [
]
/ blocks = [1=myblock]
</expt>

<block myblock>
/ trials = [1=mytrial]
</block>

<trial mytrial>
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

<text mytext>
</text>

<parameters>
/ scriptcount = 0
</parameters>

- intro

It works very well !!

Is it the same code with above or did you change something? Please let me know. Thank you.
Dave
Dave
Sean L. - 7/2/2019
Sean L. - 7/2/2019
Dave - 7/2/2019
Sean L. - 7/2/2019
Sean L. - 7/2/2019
Dave - 7/2/2019
Sean L. - 7/2/2019

This is "batch.iqx",

<batch 1>
/ file = "intro.iqx"
</batch>

<batch 2>
/ file = "a.iqx"
/ file = "b.iqx"
/ file = "c.iqx"
/ file = "d.iqx"
/ file = "e.iqx"
/ file = "f.iqx"
/ selectionmode = random
</batch>

<parameters>
/ scriptcount = 0
</parameters>

<expt myexpt>
/ onexptbegin = [
]
/ blocks = [1=myblock]
</expt>

<block myblock>
/ trials = [1=mytrial]
</block>

<trial mytrial>
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

<text mytext>
</text>

<parameters>
/ scriptcount = 0
</parameters>

- intro

It works very well !!

Is it the same code with above or did you change something? Please let me know. Thank you.

It's the exact same code, I'm attaching the full set of files below for your reference.

Attachments
batch.zip (197 views, 3.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search