Recording accuracy data on specific trials

Author
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
DSaraqini - 9/16/2020
Dave - 9/16/2020
DSaraqini - 9/16/2020
Dave - 9/9/2020

Here's the thing. There are at least two different ways to read your explanation and two different structures result. Suppose for the sake of illustration that your targets are A to D as in

<item targets>
/ 1 = "A"
/ 2 = "B"
/ 3 = "C"
/ 4 = "D"
</item>

One possible data structure is to have the items as columns, with one variable per item (order) indicating the ordinal position in which the item appeared (1 if it was the 1st target seen by this participant, 2 if it was the 2nd target seen, etc.) and another variable per item (acc) indicating accuracy (1 if recognized, 0 if not).

Another possible data structure is to order by targets 1 to 4, with one variable indicating the item seen as 1st target, 2nd target, etc. and one variable for the accuracy each.

Both examples above are based on the exact same data and contain the same information, but the structure is totally different; what's also totally different is the programming required to get one type of structure versus the other. That is way details and specificity matter.

I think that the first structure is more of what we're looking for. As long as the set up doesn't mess up with the randomization of the items. 

Ok. If you want me to program this for you, please provide the images and any other files the script requires to run.

Edited: Since I don't have the files and cannot run the script, the version attached is untested.

I just added all the materials to this google folder and made the link shareable. There are 600+ pictures and I couldn't add them here. There are also a few scripts in the folder but the one that needs the changes is the one names KM_Full_EmotionTask_v40

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rJGsELdo02UgyiXCJ-T3oobzIJCKuX3f?usp=sharing

A modified script is attached to my previous reply. You can use it to test the changes
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search