Expressions in trial properties

Author
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dave - 2/4/2021
mindwanderingjeremy - 2/4/2021
Dave - 2/4/2021
Dave - 2/4/2021
Ah yes, great thats a lot easier thanks!

Some explanations about what the code you have is actually supposed to do would be nice.

For example, this construct here is pretty unclear to me

<trial 0backNT>
/ ontrialbegin = [
    {if(list.NTselect == 1 || list.NTselect == 2)
</trial>

list.NTselect has no value, it does not sample any item from that list.

It's only after all that conditional logic that you actually sample an item from that list, here.

{if(list.NTselect == 11 || list.NTselect == 12)
    {values.cxpos = 25; values.sxpos = 75;
         trial.0backNT.insertstimulusframes(picture.bluecircle, values.onset);
        trial.0backNT.insertstimulusframes(picture.bluesquare, values.onset)}};

trial.0backNT.insertstimulustime(shape.eraser, parameters.stimulusPresentationtime);

list.NTselect.nextvalue;

]

Why? Help me understand the reasoning here please, so I can tell you how to express it in correct syntax.

I am attempting to tell the code to use certain conditions based on a number selected randomly from that list. I have 12 possible iterations of each trial type based on which shapes are presented on which side and which is the correct response. I thought that the list would automatically select a number given I have the list parameters set to random and select per trial. But I have no idea how to use inquisit code so I am merely guessing based on other experiments in the millisecond database how to do this.

Attached is a file with numerous syntax mistakes fixed, largely based on guesses.

Is this a joke?

How do you mean

Ah, forgot one more.
Attachments
experiment.iqx (156 views, 27.00 KB)
mindwanderingjeremy
mindwanderingjeremy
Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 2/4/2021
Dave - 2/4/2021
Dave - 2/4/2021
Dave - 2/4/2021

Some explanations about what the code you have is actually supposed to do would be nice.

<trial 0backNT>
/ ontrialbegin = [
</trial>

It's only after all that conditional logic that you actually sample an item from that list, here.

trial.0backNT.insertstimulustime(shape.eraser, parameters.stimulusPresentationtime);

list.NTselect.nextvalue;

]

Why? Help me understand the reasoning here please, so I can tell you how to express it in correct syntax.

I am attempting to tell the code to use certain conditions based on a number selected randomly from that list. I have 12 possible iterations of each trial type based on which shapes are presented on which side and which is the correct response. I thought that the list would automatically select a number given I have the list parameters set to random and select per trial. But I have no idea how to use inquisit code so I am merely guessing based on other experiments in the millisecond database how to do this.

Attached is a file with numerous syntax mistakes fixed, largely based on guesses.

Is this a joke?

How do you mean

Ah, forgot one more.

Aha thank you. This looks more like my code.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dave - 2/4/2021
Dave - 2/4/2021
Dave - 2/4/2021
Dave - 2/4/2021

<trial 0backNT>
/ ontrialbegin = [
</trial>

list.NTselect.nextvalue;

]

Is this a joke?

How do you mean

Ah, forgot one more.

Yeah, I'm an idiot and attached the wrong file earlier. (The pitfalls of having all files named experiment.iqx and working on twelve things at once.)

Sorry about that.
mindwanderingjeremy
mindwanderingjeremy
Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 2/4/2021
Dave - 2/4/2021
Dave - 2/4/2021
Dave - 2/4/2021
Dave - 2/4/2021

<trial 0backNT>
/ ontrialbegin = [
</trial>

list.NTselect.nextvalue;

]

Is this a joke?

How do you mean

Ah, forgot one more.

Yeah, I'm an idiot and attached the wrong file earlier. (The pitfalls of having all files named experiment.iqx and working on twelve things at once.)

Sorry about that.

hahaha thats okay, the beauties of working online. I thought you had sent me that other code as a prank due to my confusion. Stimulus presentation works great now so thank you so much for your help!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search