Task that changes score

Author
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
raven - 5/14/2023
To explain better, instead of using the mouse for input, I'd like to use keyboard input 'e' if participants think a particular stimulus (from cstim) will result in a score increase, or 'i' if they think it will result in a score decrease (from icstim), but if no input is received, then the score will decrease (as per previous post).

Also, is it possible to include a pool of stimuli that don't result in any change to the score?

I appreciate your help!

> I've implemented a timeout, so is it possible to make the score reduce by 10 points if the participant does not respond within that period?

/ ontrialend = [if (trial.example.response == 0) {
values.score -= 10;}
]

> Also, is it possible to include a pool of stimuli that don't result in any change to the score?

Sure, just set up and run a <trial> that displays these stimuli and does not change the score.

raven
raven
Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks Dave,

The no response part of the script works great.

For the second part though, I would like stimuli that doesn't change the score randomly mixed in with the other stimuli that do change the score, so are you saying that I can create another <trial>? How would I make those stimuli be randomly presented with the other stimuli?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
raven - 5/16/2023
Thanks Dave,

The no response part of the script works great.

For the second part though, I would like stimuli that doesn't change the score randomly mixed in with the other stimuli that do change the score, so are you saying that I can create another <trial>? How would I make those stimuli be randomly presented with the other stimuli?

Yes, create another trial. Let's call it the "distractor" trial and the one that changes the score the "experimental" trial. Then sample these trials randomly in your block, at whatever experimental to distractor trial ratio you want.

E.g.

<block example>
/ trials = [1-100 = noreplace(experimental, distractor)]
</block>

would run 50 experimental trials and 50 distractor trials in random order, for a total of 100 trials.

<block example>
/ trials = [1-100 = noreplace(experimental, experimental, experimental, distractor)]
</block>

would run 75 experimental trials and 25 distractor trials in random order, i.e. a 3 to 1 ratio.

raven
raven
Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Ok, that makes sense, I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Thanks again Dave! :)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search