Counterbalancing by group and subject number

Author
alexandra.vasilache
New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear Millisecond community,

I have programmed an experiment comprising 6 different experimental conditions. I would like to have these conditions counterbalanced within my 2 experimental groups, so that each condition is repeated an equal number of times within each group. I plan to have 82 participants in total, so 41 per each group.
The code below assigns every 6th participant to a specific condition, the problem is that in the end, conditions are not equally distributed within the 2 groups. For example, condition 4 gets repeated 9 times in group 1 and only 5 times in group 2.

Do you have any idea how I could modify the code so that each 6th participant is assigned to a specific condition within each group, and each condition is repeated an approximately equal number of times in both groups?

I would really appreciate the help!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search