Does Inquisit work with NI-DAQ? Specifically the USB-to-trigger port on Cortech Solutions...

Does Inquisit work with NI-DAQ? Specifically the USB-to-trigger port...
Author
James Rounds
Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,
I've looked in the Inquisit 6 documentation, searched in this forum, and inquired with the manufacturer, but haven't found confirmation yet if Inquisit software can work with a National Instruments driver - NI-DAQ. The reason I ask is because I'm trying to connect a new stimulus computer (which lacks a parallel port) to an older Neuroscan (SynAmp 2), which requires a specific kind of 25-pin connection.
Cortech Solutions makes a product, using an NI-DAQ driver, to send pulses through the USB port, correct for timing issues, and output to a parallel port cable -
https://cortechsolutions.com/product/sd-ms-tcpua/
Cortech Solutions says it works with Presentation and MATLAB (and perhaps Python as well), but NOT with Eprime,. So since my preferred presentation software is Inquisit, I'm hoping it works with that, too! They also said that as opposed to other USB-to-Serial ports, this one doesn't show up as a virtual COM port.

Thanks for any advice or experience anyone has to share,

James
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
James Rounds - 9/17/2024
Hi all,
I've looked in the Inquisit 6 documentation, searched in this forum, and inquired with the manufacturer, but haven't found confirmation yet if Inquisit software can work with a National Instruments driver - NI-DAQ. The reason I ask is because I'm trying to connect a new stimulus computer (which lacks a parallel port) to an older Neuroscan (SynAmp 2), which requires a specific kind of 25-pin connection.
Cortech Solutions makes a product, using an NI-DAQ driver, to send pulses through the USB port, correct for timing issues, and output to a parallel port cable -
https://cortechsolutions.com/product/sd-ms-tcpua/
Cortech Solutions says it works with Presentation and MATLAB (and perhaps Python as well), but NOT with Eprime,. So since my preferred presentation software is Inquisit, I'm hoping it works with that, too! They also said that as opposed to other USB-to-Serial ports, this one doesn't show up as a virtual COM port.

Thanks for any advice or experience anyone has to share,

James

> They also said that as opposed to other USB-to-Serial ports, this one doesn't show up as a virtual COM port.

Then the answer is no, Inquisit won't be able to interface with it.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search