Millisecond Forums

How can I add a picture to a surevypage?

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic13316.aspx

By Iulia - 5/18/2014

Hi everyone!
One of the blocks in my experiment contains two likerts and a surveypage. I put the picture as bgstim in the block (to appear at each trial), and it does, for the two likerts, but not for the survey. How can I make it appear in the survey as well?
(I also tried writing a trial instead of the survey, but then I am not able to add the radiobuttons).
Can you help me with any suggestion, please?
Here is a sample of my script:

<surveypage question4>
/caption = "For each of the traits below, please indicate to what extent you think it matches the person in the picture."
/questions = [1=a1; 2=a2]
/finishlabel = "Finish"
</surveypage>

<block picture1>
/trials=[1=question_1; 2=question_2; 3=question_4]
/bgstim=(picture1)
</block>

By Dave - 5/18/2014

You should not use /bgstim in this case. Instead set up an <image> element and display it via the <surveypage>'s /questions attribute. Alternatively (some limitations apply) you can display a <picture> element via a <surveypage>'s /stimulusframes.
By Iulia - 5/18/2014

"Instead set up an <image> element and display it via the <surveypage>'s /questions attribute."   -> this thing here just saved my experiment! it provided the key for me to move on! Thank you very much!
I was very surprised that an image can be used as a question element in a survey. I would never have thought of that. It's rather counterintuitive.
And thank you for your promptitude!