How can I add a picture to a surevypage?

Author
Iulia
Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hi everyone!
One of the blocks in my experiment contains two likerts and a surveypage. I put the picture as bgstim in the block (to appear at each trial), and it does, for the two likerts, but not for the survey. How can I make it appear in the survey as well?
(I also tried writing a trial instead of the survey, but then I am not able to add the radiobuttons).
Can you help me with any suggestion, please?
Here is a sample of my script:

<surveypage question4>
/caption = "For each of the traits below, please indicate to what extent you think it matches the person in the picture."
/questions = [1=a1; 2=a2]
/finishlabel = "Finish"
</surveypage>

<block picture1>
/trials=[1=question_1; 2=question_2; 3=question_4]
/bgstim=(picture1)
</block>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
You should not use /bgstim in this case. Instead set up an <image> element and display it via the <surveypage>'s /questions attribute. Alternatively (some limitations apply) you can display a <picture> element via a <surveypage>'s /stimulusframes.

Iulia
Iulia
Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
"Instead set up an <image> element and display it via the <surveypage>'s /questions attribute."   -> this thing here just saved my experiment! it provided the key for me to move on! Thank you very much!
I was very surprised that an image can be used as a question element in a survey. I would never have thought of that. It's rather counterintuitive.
And thank you for your promptitude!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search