Millisecond Forums

Where do i find the perseverative error's percentage of WCST in inquisit 4??

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic17277.aspx

By Melanie89 - 9/28/2015

Hello, i'm à swiss psychologist. I'm getting used to work with inquisit 4, to analyse the WCST but I can't seem to find the perseverative error's percentage in inquisit. I can find the perseverative response percentage but for me is not as important as the other.
Do I have to take the number of perseverative errors and calculate myself the percentage?
Can someone tell me exactly what line should I look to analyse my patients perseveratives errors?
Thank you very much,

Mélanie
By katbo - 9/29/2015

hi Melanie,

if your version of the Inquisit WCST script does not compute Perseverative Errors (older versions might not), you probably have to compute them yourself based on the raw data file. A note of caution even if your script version does compute the number of Perseverative Errors: it's probably a good idea to check how  (summary) values are defined in the Inquisit script to make sure they actually measure what you need them to.

For example: as defined in the Inquisit WCST script under section VALUES/DATA
PerseverativeResponse:
1 =  response is still in compliance with the old rule after a rule switch (and no response bas been made yet that violates the old rule)
0 = anything else
Perseverative Error:
an actual error response when values.PerseverativeResponse = 1

as usual:  we are happy to update/improve our scripts if we learn of new information!

best,
katja
(script writer at Millisecond Software)