Millisecond Forums

using labels for block-elements

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic20790.aspx

By jo700 - 2/19/2017

Hey everybody,

unfortunately a problem has occured that I cannot solve on my own. When the instruction-page "instr1" occurs, the continue-button has the same label as defined under "instruct". The next instruction-page "instr2" shows a continue-button with the same label (as it should). But it also shows another button "press ... to continue". I don't know, how to get rid of that button, in order to only have a button that is labeld "Drücken Sie die Leertaste, um fortzufahren.".

I hope you can help me.

Here you can see a part of the script:

<block block1A>
/ trials = [1=sound_2sec; 2=Unsicherheit_surveypage; 3=Unsicherheit1_trial; 4=Unsicherheit2_trial; 5=Unsicherheit3_trial;
6=Unsicherheit4_trial; 7=Unsicherheit5_trial; 8=Dissoziation; 9=Attraktivitaet1; 10=Attraktivitaet2; 11=Attraktivitaet3]
/ preinstructions = (instr1, instr1a)
</block>

<instruct>  
/ nextkey = (" ")
/ nextlabel = "Drücken Sie die Leertaste, um fortzufahren."
/ lastlabel = "Drücken Sie die Leertaste, um fortzufahren."
</instruct>
By Dave - 2/19/2017

jo700 - Monday, February 20, 2017
Hey everybody,

unfortunately a problem has occured that I cannot solve on my own. When the instruction-page "instr1" occurs, the continue-button has the same label as defined under "instruct". The next instruction-page "instr2" shows a continue-button with the same label (as it should). But it also shows another button "press ... to continue". I don't know, how to get rid of that button, in order to only have a button that is labeld "Drücken Sie die Leertaste, um fortzufahren.".

I hope you can help me.

<block block1A>
/ trials = [1=sound_2sec; 2=Unsicherheit_surveypage; 3=Unsicherheit1_trial; 4=Unsicherheit2_trial; 5=Unsicherheit3_trial;
6=Unsicherheit4_trial; 7=Unsicherheit5_trial; 8=Dissoziation; 9=Attraktivitaet1; 10=Attraktivitaet2; 11=Attraktivitaet3]
</block>

<instruct>  
/ nextkey = (" ")
</instruct>

You cannot disable back-naviigation for instruction pages, you can however change the label for the back button by specifying the <instruct> element's /prevlabel attribute.
By jo700 - 2/20/2017

Dave - Monday, February 20, 2017
Hey everybody,

I hope you can help me.

<block block1A>
</block>

<instruct>  
/ nextkey = (" ")
</instruct>

You cannot disable back-naviigation for instruction pages, you can however change the label for the back button by specifying the <instruct> element's /prevlabel attribute.

Oh well, this has worked! Thank you, Dave!

There is another problem: the lines on the instruction-pages begin at different position. Do you know how to handle that problem?

By Dave - 2/20/2017

Dave - Monday, February 20, 2017
Hey everybody,

I hope you can help me.

<block block1A>
</block>

<instruct>  
/ nextkey = (" ")
</instruct>

Oh well, this has worked! Thank you, Dave!

There is another problem: the lines on the instruction-pages begin at different position. Do you know how to handle that problem?

You can perform basic formatting in <page> elements -- specifically, insert line breaks -- with the ^-character:

<page a>
^^bla bla bla
^more bla
</page>

<page b>
^^more text goes here
^here a new line starts...
</page>