Millisecond Forums

removestimulusframe

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic21866.aspx

By MariusM - 6/14/2017

Hi!
I´m trying to implement a Stroop-Task with achievement-badges. The badges will be shown via short video-animations after accomplishing the achievement. My problem is that the videos will be shown over and over again in every trial. How can i remove the video-animation after showing it for one single time? I tried using removestimulusframe, resetstimulusframe and clearstimulusframe, but neither one worked. 
 I guess the problem could also be in the condititonal statements which I use:

<block myblock>
/onblockend = [if (values.myvalue==500 && values.achievement_accomplished==0) {values.achievement_accomplished = 1; values.badge_animation =1}] 

<trial mytrial>
/ontrialbegin = [if (achievement_accomplished ==1) trial.mytrial.insertstimulusframe(video.badge_animation, 1)]
/ontrialend = [if (values.badge_animation =1) {trial.mytrial.removestimulusframe (1); values.badge_animation=0}]

I appreciate any assistance. Thanks in advance

-Marius
By Dave - 6/15/2017

MariusM - Thursday, June 15, 2017
Hi!
I´m trying to implement a Stroop-Task with achievement-badges. The badges will be shown via short video-animations after accomplishing the achievement. My problem is that the videos will be shown over and over again in every trial. How can i remove the video-animation after showing it for one single time? I tried using removestimulusframe, resetstimulusframe and clearstimulusframe, but neither one worked. 

<block myblock>
/onblockend = [if (values.myvalue==500 && values.achievement_accomplished==0) {values.achievement_accomplished = 1; values.badge_animation =1}] 

<trial mytrial>
/ontrialbegin = [if (achievement_accomplished ==1) trial.mytrial.insertstimulusframe(video.badge_animation, 1)]
/ontrialend = [if (values.badge_animation =1) {trial.mytrial.removestimulusframe (1); values.badge_animation=0}]

-Marius

Simply reset the stimulus presentation sequence /ontrialend. That will remove any previously inserted stimulus.

/ ontrialend = [trial.mytrial.resetstimulusframes();]
By MariusM - 6/15/2017

Dave - Thursday, June 15, 2017
Hi!

<block myblock>

<trial mytrial>

-Marius

Simply reset the stimulus presentation sequence /ontrialend. That will remove any previously inserted stimulus.

Thx Dave!
I do understand why the videos are shown over and over again. The Task consists of 12 trials, each with the insertstimulusframe-function in it, so the video is shown once per trial. How can i insert the video in the script, so it is shown not once per trial, but once per experiment?

-Marius 
By Dave - 6/16/2017

MariusM - Friday, June 16, 2017
Hi!

<block myblock>

<trial mytrial>

-Marius

Thx Dave!
I do understand why the videos are shown over and over again. The Task consists of 12 trials, each with the insertstimulusframe-function in it, so the video is shown once per trial. How can i insert the video in the script, so it is shown not once per trial, but once per experiment?

-Marius 

Sorry, I can't answer that based on just the little info you provided here. Please provide a more complete description of the procedure and the relevant code, particularly with respect to *when* the video is supposed to be shown and under what condition.
By MariusM - 6/16/2017

Dave - Friday, June 16, 2017
MariusM - Friday, June 16, 2017
Hi!

<block myblock>

<trial mytrial>

-Marius

Thx Dave!

-Marius 

Sorry, I can't answer that based on just the little info you provided here. Please provide a more complete description of the procedure and the relevant code, particularly with respect to *when* the video is supposed to be shown and under what condition.

I somehow made it out for myself, but thanks anyway.