removestimulusframe

Author
MariusM
Associate Member (280 reputation)Associate Member (280 reputation)Associate Member (280 reputation)Associate Member (280 reputation)Associate Member (280 reputation)Associate Member (280 reputation)Associate Member (280 reputation)Associate Member (280 reputation)Associate Member (280 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi!
I´m trying to implement a Stroop-Task with achievement-badges. The badges will be shown via short video-animations after accomplishing the achievement. My problem is that the videos will be shown over and over again in every trial. How can i remove the video-animation after showing it for one single time? I tried using removestimulusframe, resetstimulusframe and clearstimulusframe, but neither one worked. 
 I guess the problem could also be in the condititonal statements which I use:

<block myblock>
/onblockend = [if (values.myvalue==500 && values.achievement_accomplished==0) {values.achievement_accomplished = 1; values.badge_animation =1}] 

<trial mytrial>
/ontrialbegin = [if (achievement_accomplished ==1) trial.mytrial.insertstimulusframe(video.badge_animation, 1)]
/ontrialend = [if (values.badge_animation =1) {trial.mytrial.removestimulusframe (1); values.badge_animation=0}]

I appreciate any assistance. Thanks in advance

-Marius
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
MariusM - Thursday, June 15, 2017
Hi!
I´m trying to implement a Stroop-Task with achievement-badges. The badges will be shown via short video-animations after accomplishing the achievement. My problem is that the videos will be shown over and over again in every trial. How can i remove the video-animation after showing it for one single time? I tried using removestimulusframe, resetstimulusframe and clearstimulusframe, but neither one worked. 

<block myblock>
/onblockend = [if (values.myvalue==500 && values.achievement_accomplished==0) {values.achievement_accomplished = 1; values.badge_animation =1}] 

<trial mytrial>
/ontrialbegin = [if (achievement_accomplished ==1) trial.mytrial.insertstimulusframe(video.badge_animation, 1)]
/ontrialend = [if (values.badge_animation =1) {trial.mytrial.removestimulusframe (1); values.badge_animation=0}]

-Marius

Simply reset the stimulus presentation sequence /ontrialend. That will remove any previously inserted stimulus.

/ ontrialend = [trial.mytrial.resetstimulusframes();]

MariusM
MariusM
Associate Member (280 reputation)Associate Member (280 reputation)Associate Member (280 reputation)Associate Member (280 reputation)Associate Member (280 reputation)Associate Member (280 reputation)Associate Member (280 reputation)Associate Member (280 reputation)Associate Member (280 reputation)
Dave - Thursday, June 15, 2017
Hi!

<block myblock>

<trial mytrial>

-Marius

Simply reset the stimulus presentation sequence /ontrialend. That will remove any previously inserted stimulus.

Thx Dave!
I do understand why the videos are shown over and over again. The Task consists of 12 trials, each with the insertstimulusframe-function in it, so the video is shown once per trial. How can i insert the video in the script, so it is shown not once per trial, but once per experiment?

-Marius 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
MariusM - Friday, June 16, 2017
Hi!

<block myblock>

<trial mytrial>

-Marius

Thx Dave!
I do understand why the videos are shown over and over again. The Task consists of 12 trials, each with the insertstimulusframe-function in it, so the video is shown once per trial. How can i insert the video in the script, so it is shown not once per trial, but once per experiment?

-Marius 

Sorry, I can't answer that based on just the little info you provided here. Please provide a more complete description of the procedure and the relevant code, particularly with respect to *when* the video is supposed to be shown and under what condition.

MariusM
MariusM
Dave - Friday, June 16, 2017
MariusM - Friday, June 16, 2017
Hi!

<block myblock>

<trial mytrial>

-Marius

Thx Dave!

-Marius 

Sorry, I can't answer that based on just the little info you provided here. Please provide a more complete description of the procedure and the relevant code, particularly with respect to *when* the video is supposed to be shown and under what condition.

I somehow made it out for myself, but thanks anyway.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search