Millisecond Forums

Port detection failure in Inquisit 6

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic34024.aspx

By Echo - 3/6/2022

Hi,

I am trying to send TTL signal from a PC with windows 10 to EEG amplifier via a parallel port (LPT1) (p.s. parallel DB 25 port was set up by an adapter card). I used the same script on both Inquisit 5 and Inquisit 6 in this new PC, only the Inquisit 5 could send out signal but not Inquisit 6 (could not run the script). I am aiming to upgrade to Inquisit 6 for my study. I tried to specify the port’s address in the defaults (lptaddresses = (lpt1 = 2FF8)). Even though the script could be run now, inquisit 6 still showed a reminder that “Parallel port 1 not found on this machine” and the signal couldn't be sent out successfully to EEG amplifier. When I open the ‘Parallel Port Monitor’, it seems Inquisit 6 could capture the port information. I also tried to change some properties in ‘Parallel Port Monitor’ (e.g., Log) but it didn’t work.

I just wonder are there any solutions to fix my issue?

This is the code I used to define the singal
<port Correctsignal>
/ port = LPT1
/ subport = data
/ items = ("00001001")
</port>

<port Incorrectsignal>
/ port = LPT1
/ subport = data
/ items = ("00001010")
</port>

<port Congruentsignal>
/ port = LPT1
/ subport = data
/ items = ("00001011")
</port>

<port Incongruentsignal>
/ port = LPT1
/ subport = data
/ items = ("00001100")
</port>

Many thanks,
Echo
By Dave - 3/7/2022

Echo - 3/7/2022
Hi,

I am trying to send TTL signal from a PC with windows 10 to EEG amplifier via a parallel port (LPT1) (p.s. parallel DB 25 port was set up by an adapter card). I used the same script on both Inquisit 5 and Inquisit 6 in this new PC, only the Inquisit 5 could send out signal but not Inquisit 6 (could not run the script). I am aiming to upgrade to Inquisit 6 for my study. I tried to specify the port’s address in the defaults (lptaddresses = (lpt1 = 2FF8)). Even though the script could be run now, inquisit 6 still showed a reminder that “Parallel port 1 not found on this machine” and the signal couldn't be sent out successfully to EEG amplifier. When I open the ‘Parallel Port Monitor’, it seems Inquisit 6 could capture the port information. I also tried to change some properties in ‘Parallel Port Monitor’ (e.g., Log) but it didn’t work.

I just wonder are there any solutions to fix my issue?

This is the code I used to define the singal
<port Correctsignal>
/ port = LPT1
/ subport = data
/ items = ("00001001")
</port>

<port Incorrectsignal>
/ port = LPT1
/ subport = data
/ items = ("00001010")
</port>

<port Congruentsignal>
/ port = LPT1
/ subport = data
/ items = ("00001011")
</port>

<port Incongruentsignal>
/ port = LPT1
/ subport = data
/ items = ("00001100")
</port>

Many thanks,
Echo

If you continue to see a warning about LPT1 not being found, that suggests the base address specified is wrong. How did you determine the base address?