Port detection failure in Inquisit 6

Author
Echo
New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I am trying to send TTL signal from a PC with windows 10 to EEG amplifier via a parallel port (LPT1) (p.s. parallel DB 25 port was set up by an adapter card). I used the same script on both Inquisit 5 and Inquisit 6 in this new PC, only the Inquisit 5 could send out signal but not Inquisit 6 (could not run the script). I am aiming to upgrade to Inquisit 6 for my study. I tried to specify the port’s address in the defaults (lptaddresses = (lpt1 = 2FF8)). Even though the script could be run now, inquisit 6 still showed a reminder that “Parallel port 1 not found on this machine” and the signal couldn't be sent out successfully to EEG amplifier. When I open the ‘Parallel Port Monitor’, it seems Inquisit 6 could capture the port information. I also tried to change some properties in ‘Parallel Port Monitor’ (e.g., Log) but it didn’t work.

I just wonder are there any solutions to fix my issue?

This is the code I used to define the singal
<port Correctsignal>
/ port = LPT1
/ subport = data
/ items = ("00001001")
</port>

<port Incorrectsignal>
/ port = LPT1
/ subport = data
/ items = ("00001010")
</port>

<port Congruentsignal>
/ port = LPT1
/ subport = data
/ items = ("00001011")
</port>

<port Incongruentsignal>
/ port = LPT1
/ subport = data
/ items = ("00001100")
</port>

Many thanks,
Echo
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Echo - 3/7/2022
Hi,

I am trying to send TTL signal from a PC with windows 10 to EEG amplifier via a parallel port (LPT1) (p.s. parallel DB 25 port was set up by an adapter card). I used the same script on both Inquisit 5 and Inquisit 6 in this new PC, only the Inquisit 5 could send out signal but not Inquisit 6 (could not run the script). I am aiming to upgrade to Inquisit 6 for my study. I tried to specify the port’s address in the defaults (lptaddresses = (lpt1 = 2FF8)). Even though the script could be run now, inquisit 6 still showed a reminder that “Parallel port 1 not found on this machine” and the signal couldn't be sent out successfully to EEG amplifier. When I open the ‘Parallel Port Monitor’, it seems Inquisit 6 could capture the port information. I also tried to change some properties in ‘Parallel Port Monitor’ (e.g., Log) but it didn’t work.

I just wonder are there any solutions to fix my issue?

This is the code I used to define the singal
<port Correctsignal>
/ port = LPT1
/ subport = data
/ items = ("00001001")
</port>

<port Incorrectsignal>
/ port = LPT1
/ subport = data
/ items = ("00001010")
</port>

<port Congruentsignal>
/ port = LPT1
/ subport = data
/ items = ("00001011")
</port>

<port Incongruentsignal>
/ port = LPT1
/ subport = data
/ items = ("00001100")
</port>

Many thanks,
Echo

If you continue to see a warning about LPT1 not being found, that suggests the base address specified is wrong. How did you determine the base address?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search