Getting started-Novice addition

Author
biachild3084
Partner Member (757 reputation)Partner Member (757 reputation)Partner Member (757 reputation)Partner Member (757 reputation)Partner Member (757 reputation)Partner Member (757 reputation)Partner Member (757 reputation)Partner Member (757 reputation)Partner Member (757 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I feel silly asking this question but as much as I try to read the manual and figure it out on my own, I just can't seem to interpret it. I am interested in posting a web study using the multifactor IAT. I have three different IATs (gender, black, white, hispanic) and I would like the study to link to my qualtrics survey. I have created the three IATs and now I need to put it all together and finish it up. If possible, I would like participants to be randomly assigned one of the 3 IATs and then be rerouted back to qualtrics. My question is how do I link the three different IATs so that they can be randomly presented to participants. Can I use the batch+include scripts to make this happen?

When I read the manual, I keep getting myself confused as to whether it will be able to randomly display one these three conditions instead of all of them in a counterbalanced order.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
You can use <batch> elements to do that. Put

<batch>
/ subjects = (1 of 3)
/ groupassignment = random
/ file = "IAT_1.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (2 of 3)
/ file = "IAT_2.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (3 of 3)
/ file = "IAT_3.iqx"
</batch>

in a file that you register as your active web script. Participants will be randomly (!) assigned to one of the three IATs. For information re. bouncing back and forth / sharing data between Qualtrics and Inquisit, see the "How to Interoperate Inquisit with Online Survey Packages" topic in the documentation.

biachild3084
biachild3084
Partner Member (757 reputation)Partner Member (757 reputation)Partner Member (757 reputation)Partner Member (757 reputation)Partner Member (757 reputation)Partner Member (757 reputation)Partner Member (757 reputation)Partner Member (757 reputation)Partner Member (757 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks! Worked like a charm. I am up and running.

Final question, does inquisit get along well with chrome? I had a friend test out my study and she said that it worked but that when she clicked on the plugin her chrome crashed.

She didn't already have java installed and she said she was able to run through the study ok.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Chrome should work fine -- not sure why it crashed for your friend. Hard to theorize why in lack of further details -- if you have any additional info (crash or error logs, exact browser version used, OS version), please feel free to share them here.

Dave
Dave
I should add that Google is in the process of transitioning Chrome and is successively removing support for NPAPI plugins (this will affect the Inquisit Web Firefox/Chrome NPAPI plugin). As new launch option for Chrome is forthcoming in the next Inquisit Web release (4.0.5.0), which will hopefully be ready and out by the end of January / beginning of February. Launch via Java should work in any case (including in the current release 4.0.4.0) and should continue to be available for the forseeable future.

Hope this helps.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search