ID Number length

Author
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
You enter the *name* of the parameter. In your case it that is ID.

cgshield
cgshield
Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Ok, perhaps the ID URL parameter is working, but I'm not getting past the main screen after I click start.  The Java plug-in downloads, then I see nothing.

Not sure if my batch script is not working?

I uploaded the batch script as the main script, then uploaded the other two scripts with their pictures in the next step.  So all three scripts and pictures then have a checkmark next to them before I hit "next" on the set-up page.

My batch reads like this:

<batch>
/ file = "Pain_iat_short"
/ subjects = (1 of 2)
/ groupassignment = random
</batch>

<batch>
/ file = "Race_iat_short"
/ subjects = (2 of 2)
</batch>

With each script named what I have in quotations (Pain_iat_short, Race_iat_short)

Any suggestions?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
The batch syntax looks okay. I can't tell you more without you providing a link to your launch page.

cgshield
cgshield
Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)
Here is the Milliseconds link:
And here is the link through Qualtrics because I'm not sure the above link gives you the access you need.

If you have to go through Qualtrics, the only required question is "initials" and checking the box to consent.  After that you can skip the next two pages without answering anything (just scroll to the bottom and hit >>) Then after the second page it should take you to Milliseconds where you can gain access by having an ID sent with you from Qualtrics.

Dave
Dave
#1: Sorry for overlooking this, but in

<batch>
/ file = "Pain_iat_short"
/ subjects = (1 of 2)
</batch>

<batch>
/ file = "Race_iat_short"
/ subjects = (2 of 2)
</batch>

you appear to be missing file type extensions. It should be

<batch>
/ file = "Pain_iat_short.iqx"
/ subjects = (1 of 2)
</batch>

<batch>
/ file = "Race_iat_short.iqx"
/ subjects = (2 of 2)
</batch>

or something to that effect.

#2: It also appears you haven't actually uploaded those IAT scripts and their required assets (e.g. pictures) to the server. You need to do that in step #2 of the Web Script Wizard.

cgshield
cgshield
Thank you for the edit to the script!

I hit "browse" and selected each script and ALL of my photos then hit "upload" and they all loaded.  Then I check-marked them all as I went on to the next step.  I'll try again and see if it works with the updated batch element and I'll see what happens when I click upload. I'll take a screenshot in case it still isn't working.

Dave
Dave
Make sure to include the file extension you actually use (could be *.iqx as in the example, could be *.exp; check your local copies of the files). For the record, in Inquisit 4, you *should* use the *.iqx extension, not the legacy *.exp extension. Use File -> Save as... to save any existing exp as iqx.

cgshield
cgshield
Alright, we've gotten somewhere, woo! 

The exercise is now loading, but it only randomized to give me one of the two exercises.  I want all participants to take BOTH pain and race IAT, but I want it to be randomized which one they get first.

Is the batch element above reflecting that?

(Oh and for the record, I had one of them saved .exp so I fixed that, and I changed the batch element too!)

Dave
Dave
> The exercise is now loading, but it only randomized to give me one of the two exercises.

That's what your <batch> script instructs Inquisit to do.

> I want all participants to take BOTH pain and race IAT, but I want it to be randomized which one they get first. Is the batch
> element above reflecting that?

No. That would be

<batch>
/ file = "a.iqx"
/ file = "b.iqx"
/ subjects = (1 of 2)
</batch>

<batch>
/ file = "b.iqx"
/ file = "a.iqx"
/ subjects = (2 of 2)
</batch>

Substitute the correct file names accordingly.

cgshield
cgshield
Ok, still not exactly working.

It gives me the race IAT first each time (the one I put in the b.iqx spot) and when I finish it, it seems to be loading a second script, but it never pops up.  It just shows the launch page with no start button anymore (screenshot attached)

Attachments
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search