Login to host script on millisecond.com

Author
davidbarton
Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to obtain an alternative login and password to upload and run an experiment from the millisecond server. My university uses a single login to purchase all licenses and are understandable reluctant to divulge these login details to me. However I am a user of one of the licenses and would like to make use of the web based service. Would it be possible to obtain an alternative login?

Regards

David

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Unfortunately the ability to create alternative logins is not available at this point in time.

davidbarton
davidbarton
Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is there an alternative method to achieve the same objective?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
No, not that I can think of. While you can in principle host experiments on your own web space (cf. https://www.millisecond.com/products/Inquisit4/webhosting.aspx), you still need to register the respective script via the millisecond.com account (for which you need to know the login credentials, of course).

FYI, here's how most institutions with web licenses under a single account and a larger web license user base handle this. Usually there are a bunch of people charged with managing the account, i.e., who are privy to the login credentials. If a researcher wants to conduct a web study using one of the institutions licenses, she contacts one of the people in charge of account management to schedule the study, writes and tests her experiment and finally submits her materials to the person in charge. Said person then takes care of making the experiment available on the web.

Edited 10 Years Ago by Dave
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search